Monday, February 2, 2009

Supa Bowl weekend

We had a good weekend this weekend. Greyson and I went Friday and ran some errands and I let him get the Open Season 2 movie. He was really excited so we watched it and ordered pizza Friday night. Saturday we were on our own since momom had to work. We went over to Monkey Joe's and he jumped around for a couple of hours. He was concerned that he didn't have any friends there but he got over it and played with some kids that were already there. He gets a little anxious like that when he doesn't know anyone, but I try to talk him through it. Lately he has been doing pretty good at just finding someone to play with but he never does ask their name. He mostly chases after them and plays. We came home and he was really tired. We just hung out with momom and he ate leftover pizza...which he loves. We ordered Thai food, which we LOVE! :) Sunday we got up and spent the day being lazy for a while. Later Greyson went with Michele to an estimate. It was for some girls we know who also have kids so he went to play. Greyson had a great time and Michele said he did great there. Once they got home she and I got ready to go to our friends 50th surprise party/supa bowl party. Ms Heidi came over to watch Greyson while we went to play. We had a good time and came home before half time. Greyson had a long weekend and was tired so I gave him a shower and put him to bed...with Bee Movie. I laid down with him because he was being extremely sappy and crying. He gets me really worried when he gets like that. It's usually because he is way tired though and last night was no exception. We are going to try to go to the beach for a weekend in March with some friends but I am worried to leave him for that long with anyone. He stayed with mom last year so we shall see. I am a worrier and I so worry that no one quite gets him. (Family included) That scares me at times since he can be a handful and I worry about leaving him with anyone who isn't accustomed to dealing with it. He did OK with mom last year although he was very ready for us to come home after one day and made it known to all. She still had most of her hair when we returned though. I know it is hard because of some comments she makes concerning him at times lets me know he wears on her. It is hard to convince people that alot of what they experience is related to his Aspergers and yes...it can wear on you. It's just that he cannot help it so you cannot hold it against him. You just have to be able to help him learn better ways to express himself and/or better choices. You have to learn alot of patience and learn how to roll with it at times. I read and read and read and still come up short time and time again. It is a learning process that will never end for us or anyone else involved in his life. Ironically I found out today that the Observer ran an article on Sunday, Feb 1st about a friend of mine from the Postal Service. His name is Delmar Williams and he is one of the most eccentric and talented people I have ever met in my life. Well...he was diagnosed with Aspergers at age 45 and is just now telling his story. You can read about him, if interested in learning more about Aspergers and how it effects those who have it, in this article. His story is amazing and because I know him well I can attest to everything in there. He is an extremely amazing human and his story reflects that. Here is the link - http://www.charlotteobserver.com/living/story/501708.html

Enjoy the story...have a great week and remember...everyone has a story, it's up to us to stay open minded and if curious enough, find it out. Hugs

No comments: