Saturday, February 21, 2009

Weekend Bike riding? NOT!

It is the weekend and Greyson, as far as I know, has had a pretty good week. We had camp out night last night which translates to a movie and pizza for us. I had to make an emergency run to Petsmart since Greyson came home with a fish from school. Yes I said a fish....he bought it when they were doing society. I believe they simulate how society works at school and the buy/sell things, they have fake money etc....and he bought this fish. Indiana Jones is the fishes name...Surprised? It was between that and some Star Wars character I am sure! Anyway...the fish, I warned him, seems to be a little on the lethargic side, to put it nicely. We shall see how that pans out. Greyson was so upset when I told him the fish did not look well. He cried and said, "I will just cry alot if it dies." I sat for at least 10 minutes trying to talk about that with him. He was very upset...but as of this am the thing is still hanging in there. I got Indiana a bowl last night, some rocks for the bottom, and a play mate too...just in case! :) Greyson named the other fishy Goldilocks and we were flabbergasted....where in the hell did that come from? Oh well...never ever try to get into the mind of a boy or girl who has ASpergers....there NEVER seems to be a rhyme or reason for things and just when you think you have them figured out...they will surely throw you a curve ball...if not a slider. Most kids suffer from these same characteristics...his are just multiplied X100. It keeps things fun and interesting...oh...and did I mention somewhat stressful at times. hahahaaaa That's where my sense of humor has to come into play. today I took him out to practice our bike riding for OT homework if you will. Well that went over like a lead zeppelin! Lord....how could something that was sooooo much fun when I was a kid be such an aversion to him? He would rather be hit in the head with a hammer I am almost sure of it. I really do know the reasons he avoids it and doesn't like it even though I make jokes. It makes me sad that something that can be so much fun and give freedom to a child could be so hard and complicated for him. In time he will get it I suppose but for now...he just screams. I push him some but I refuse to push too much when it is painfully obvious he isn't deriving any pleasure from the task at hand. As with most things he will do it when he feels it can be perfected. Right now he is still wobbly and uncertain of the whole thing. that being said we are back int he house watching TV. One of the things I swore I would never do alot of with him and here we are...both of us....staring blankly into the tube of many colors. Go figure. Well...tonight we shall do something with momom...she is currently at work. Tomorrow maybe we will get away to the park. I sometimes have to force his had at getting outdoors. Bribe him with a play date with this buddy or that one and head out to the park to play. Tomorrow maybe we shall do just that weather permitting. Have a great night all...hugs

1 comment:

LifeIsArt said...

so sorry about the fish lynn. i was really upset about the fact that they were selling fish. in my class they will only be able to sell items that are handmade or a service that they can provide. cannot believe the child was allowed to sell fish...in a bag....with water from the water fountain. wrong on so many levels. i hope you guys were able to save your little guy's life!!! poor little indiana! suzy