Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday and the weather is fine...wonderful actually!

Today is Monday and things are grand. Greyson said he had a bad day but only because he did not get a turn in batting at PE. Hopefully that was all he had issues with. He keeps everything so secret I never know. I figure Suzy will tell me if there is ever anything that needs attention right away or that may be life altering. Otherwise I try not to worry about his silence and tight lipped ways. :) Today I picked him up and he was hanging out the window yelling goodbye to Ms Suzy. Lord what a difference a year can make. A new and wonderful teacher, a great school, and a whole new outlook on things. Hooray for that once again. You all probably get sick of my saying these things over and over but you have no idea just how thankful we are for all of these things. Another year like last year could have brought me to the edge...but I do not have that worry. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Those two words seem so inadequate to me when I say them to Suzy, Susan, Cymantha, Maureen, Kristy, Sloan, Eileen or any of the others that make things so much better for Greyson. But just know...we are feeling much better about things as far as Greyson's life, emotional & psychological well being and education. I still have a real struggle on my hands when it comes to working on his reading, writing and math at home. But we plug along. I always feel we should be doing more while teetering on the edge of am I pushing him further away by trying to push him some. there is that damn fine line again and I worry. Am I pushing him enough? Too much at times? Is he going to be able to do the things he needs to do to succeed in school and continue on with his grade level. I always worry and then I think...it is what it is....He will do what he can when he can with the help of his moms, teachers, therapists, and all the others involved in his world. It will come when he is ready. He has been that way since he was very little and I feel it will always be that with him. We sit with him time and time again and think he isn't getting something and then, poof...he is doing it on his own. If you think this makes me crazier than I normally am you are correct. I think I will walk around and continue to feel like there should be more we could do. I may never get past thinking that way. So there you have it. As far as now, in this moment...I am listening to our president speak...and I still trust in his abilities to make change come about. I know there are people who think there should be no stimulus package thinking it is bailing out the very people who put us in this mess...but I still believe in this man and trust that he will not do anything without thinking it through. So good night my friends...I have a date with a sweet and kind hearted boy to watch Bee Movie. No popcorn though...he claims it smells bad. Sensory overload at it's best! One short note...you should have seen his face the other day when we walked into Starbucks to get a hot tea...he ran out with his shirt over his face screaming, "Oh my Lord!" hahahaaaaa Poor guy...and I don't always think about these things in advance obviously so we live and learn. Everyday we live and learn!

No comments: