Sunday, February 8, 2009

Gardening Day at CCS...Feb 8th...& the DOD E Truck

Momom worked today so Greyson and I hung out here until time to go help with the friendship garden at CCS...his school this year. WE had a truck load of compost to deliver and spread along with helping spread some mulch that had been delivered. Well...we were driving the "beater truck" over there. For those of you who do not know it...this truck is UGLY! I mean the tailgate doesn't even say DODGE anymore...it's DOD E... (Is that pronounced dooo deee?) The tail gate fell off on I-77 one day and thank God...it hit nothing as it skidded across 4 lanes of traffic onto the shoulder. Michele pulled over and played "Frogger" on I-77 to retrieve it. It now has extreme road rash from its sleigh ride on the pavement. It handles quite poorly in my eyes so I was nervous. I am not positive, but I think we floated to CCS. I do not think the tires ever touched the pavement. I have no idea how many lanes I occupied on the way over either....who cares...just stay the hell out of my way in that thing. You turn the wheel and it may respond...at some point it does but you have to give yourself alot of "wiggle room". It's one of those trucks that when you see it on the road you stay back or hurry past to ensure...nothing falls off of it and hits you...it doesn't hit you...etc etc. Nothing can hurt it...it is like a tank. No one challenges a tank huh? hahahaaaaa Anyway...we made it via back roads and delivered the goods. I helped while Greyson played with his buddies. They ended up playing in the leaky hose and were soaked before it was over. I thought he was about to melt down but he got through it. He wanted to go home since he had gotten wet but managed to make it through until I was done. Hooray Greyson! I have to thank his buddies as well because I think they managed to help keep his mind off of the fact that he was drenched...but so were they. I moved some mulch with a tarp...spread some around...turned the ground in the plots...moved some compost and now I am feeling a little on the pre-paralyzed side of things. I will not be moving much come the am....I will have to force myself to walk/run on the treadmill just so I don't lock up for good! We had a great time though with all the volunteers. I so love that school, it's parents, teachers and everything about it. What a wonderful place we found. Love & hugs to all...I am going to try to find some dinner for my sweet family. Hooray for CCS! What a blessing that Friendship Garden will be to all. Good night...sleep tight....and remember to share your smiles, love & hugs! Someone out there needs them more than you know.

No comments: