Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Out of school and running wild....

Greyson was out of school Monday and Tuesday and he has been wide open the majority of that time. yesterday went to see Mr Mike his therapist and he was acting a fool in there. He does this every so often acting like he just isn't going to listen to me and running wild. Mainly he is showing off for Mike and Ms Carina the intern but it still can be unnerving. I stayed calm and told him he needed to calm down. I took away the items he was playing with and stood my ground until he came around. I then left the office for him to start his play therapy session with Mr Mike. He was going to get a new wii game but his little episode of showing out did not help his cause so that is still up in the air. We went to Karate after that where he was still having some trouble with his silliness. i decided to wait on the game for sure and he was so sad. He cried saying, "Mommy I know I don't deserve the game, I know I not acting very nice." It was sad but I did not crack. He has to learn to control himself a little better at times still. I do know how hard it is for him since so many things can cause him to get greatly out of sorts and act out at times. Some he can help...some he cannot. It can be heart wrenching but he has to learn what he needs to do to get along in this world. He has to learn what his triggers are and how to manage them. All that will take time since there can be alot of things. Together we can make him a success. We can learn patience and understanding of the things we have yet to encounter and we can get better at managing the things we have already encountered. Hopefully My stories may help another mother one day. I find so much peace in talking to mothers who have been there already. I validates our journey on so many levels and that is a blessing. Anyway...Greyson managed to get over the fact that he had no new game...he got ready for bed, and he watched Madagascar 2 until he feel off to sleep. He has been doing well with moments of questionable behavior as with any child. Lately he is preoccupied with me dying. Why I am not sure. He say he does not want me to die and he worries about it due to me being the oldest at our house. I am not that old! But to him I guess it is somewhat overwhelming at times. He told me last night he did not want me to be shot or hit by a car. WTH? Neither does mommy honey...neither does mommy. :) Anyway... I assure him I will be here along long time but I do feel somewhat guilty since there are NO guarantees in this life. God forbid anything happen because he would be cursing me as a liar and asking Michele one thousand questions and giving her the stuff for sure. So....we have been plugging along. I told Susan today that it is funny to me how things are. In moments where you are being tested and they, (our children), are having another moment, what worked yesterday may or may not work today. You have to be on your P's & Q's all the time. It is exhausting for any parent since this holds true for most kids...add extra fun in the mix like disorders...etc...and it just adds to the fun x100. Don;t get me wrong. I am not looking for pity or having a poor me moment....just stating the facts as I see them. I wouldn't trade my journey with Greyson and Shel for anything. I would like to feel more confident in how I manage and/or react to the things that come my way. Overall though I feel we do pretty darn good considering some past variables. That being said...I am not planning on dying anytime soon. I am even entertaining the thought of going back to school. Who knows...maybe I will be a rocket scientist one of these days! hahahaaaaa In the meantime I will be Lynn the mom, artist, crazy woman, and part time comedian...for friends anyway. Nothing better than making you guys laugh...and living this life has alot of humor in it I tell you! You can't make up shit like this...nor would I even try. Until next time...hugs

No comments: