Sunday, September 14, 2008

wedding Shower #2 - Greyson paints a wall in his room

I drove to Raleigh this am to see my sister and attend the second bridal shower for her. As most of you know that is not quite my comfort zone but my sister is getting married and I have to put on my big girl panties...haha Greyson was sad and wanted me to stay but it is good for he a momom to have some QT together. He did fine with momom and helped her around the house. He had been promised to be able to paint a wall in his room so they went and bought paint and he went to town. (see picture) :) He did a great job and wanted his favorite buddies, Alvin & the Chipmunks so...that is what he painted. He did a great job don't you think? We are trying to nurture that awesome side of him that is so creative so we decided he could paint the room. He loved it and obviously did a wonderful job of it. He is proud and so are we. His new school focuses on the arts as well so he is definitely in heaven. I cam home today around 9:30am and he nearly squeezed the life out of me. I do think he missed me as much as I missed him and momom. I did have a great visit with Aunt Cham though. Even if I was out of my comfort zone and in straight woman's heaven. She has really great friends that love her and are very supportive. I am glad since our family, just like all others, has its quirks and we aren't always the best at communicating, nurturing, and being there for one another. I do love her though and wish her all the best. Today...I am hanging out with Greyson and Shel, eating some chili, and watching the game on TV. LAZY is good on Sunday you know! thanks for coming by guys...have a great Sunday. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
(and yes, that IS a straight woman's heaven... but really isn't a day all about me ANY woman's heaven?-- come on, you know it's true.) ;)

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic paint job!!! Greyson, you are quite the artist. I love Alvin and the Chipmunks too. I hope to see your room real soon.