Monday, September 29, 2008

Baby steps for all of us...

Well we are home from school and soon will be headed to swim lessons. We did homework once we got home, that is our routine, and he did pretty good. Homework is almost always NO fun. I think it is very frustrating for him to not know how to do some things so he immediately wants to just not do it at all. That is hard to manage and can really test a mom's patience. I have to breath deep, remember he has challenges and try my best to work around it and help him get his work done. It's that fine line again. Am I asking too much?... too little?... Is he too frustrated? Is he capable and I am just not connecting? I do think he is capable but I do not want to push him to limits that make him never want to try again. It is such a tight rope to walk and find the right balance of pushing and backing off. AHHHHHHHHH! Oh well....he is obviously here to teach me a thing or two! haha...Now if I can just walk away and say "lesson learned" I'll be doing good. I really worry about school right now knowing he is behind. It scares me but I think once his IEP kicks in he will come along. At least I hope he will. He is very stubborn and hates to write, read and now math, which he did love last year, is going south fast. At least his arts are still very strong. I just want the best for him and I would love for him to succeed in school and finish college...am I slightly ahead of myself? haha....sorry, I to have dreams for him but I know he will be fine. He will be Greyson and only Greyson and I am sure he will be the best Greyson he can possibly be. It's the mom coming out I guess. Go figure... Well...we are off to swimming and he is sooo excited. He would be perfectly happy to swim, watch cartoons, play Nintendo DS, play with his friends, listen to music and/or draw all day. He sees no reason for any of that school stuff as he calls it. Maybe I can find a way to make it fun, but so far I am losing that battle. Maybe he is the next DaVinci or Michelangelo...

No comments: