Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Monday...Monday....

Well...another Monday came and went. we had some drama after school due to doing school homework and somehow it caused a flash back to last year. He soooo hated doing his homework, and I sooo hated being there to force his hand in doing it. I have always tried to be patient, calm and collected and help him through the things that are tough for him but it is hard at times. I know he has a high level of frustration so I am glad his new school keeps his homework to a minimum. He has a really hard time with his writing and his reading but we are working on it. I have noticed math is a little harder now that he no longer has the wonderful Montessori math tools at this disposal. Montessori math makes math great for those of us who are more visual. If the schools would adapt some to their methods they may be able to capture an entirely new group of math junkies who normally do not quite grasp the concepts. I helps make sense of it all for those of us that are stronger int he arts if you will. Diane...let's work on a method that utilizes some of the Montessori ways but works in the mainstream schools...what do ya' think sister? I think it would work! well...back to my sons plight....he got through his homework yesterday, but not without a fight. I sat him down and explained in the "mother voice" that we would not have the same kind of day on Tuesday or anymore for that matter. He agreed and we moved forward from our struggle.
It's Tuesday...and guess what...he came home and did his spelling words without any fussing. Amen to that...can I get a witness! Sorry...I got a little carried away. Imagine that? We have Martial arts tonight and he is getting ready to test for his blue belt. He is moving up in his martial arts and soon will be in sparing class. Could be interesting but I know he needs to be there.

We are also collecting donations for our Walk for Autism. there is a link down below on this site if any of you would like to donate to our team, "Walkin'4greyson". Michele was lagging behind but with one email got a huge donation that put her ahead of Greyson and I. Bummer.... :) just kidding...we welcome and are thankful for all of our donations and thank all of you who have already donated to the cause. We even got ourselves some t shirts coming....we are official. Well....thank you all for coming to visit. It means the world to us to share our story, our laughs, and our tears. Hugs to you all until next time.

1 comment:

Anna's Mom said...

Well, I know you want to beat Michelle, but I could not resist giving to Greyson's page. Greyson rocks!!! Meg is shocked to hear that G's affection is so fickle - you should have seen the look on her face when I told her G had a new girlfriend! We're so glad that school is going so well this year - you guys made a great decision (despite the math) and I know it will pay off. Miss you though - who else will ever laugh about the turtle....