Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Chocolate Twisted Frosty please!

Have I told you all that when a kid has Aspergers it can make your life a real joy! Especially when you think you are doing something good...like stopping for ice cream at Wendy's after school only to have it cause major drama for a few seconds. Ok...here it is in a nut shell. I stop at Wendy's for ice cream and I see they have the new "twisted frosty". The picture shows vanilla with either Oreos or cookie dough, and a chocolate one with m&ms. Well...I order the M&M's twisted frosty, pay for it, grab it and drive away while handing it to Greyson. No where on the picture board did it say I needed to specify my flavor of ice cream...they had pictures of what the darn thing should look like! Needless to say the one we received was vanilla with m&ms so Greyson has a melt down while I am trying to talk to my girl Diane...yes...I was multitasking believe it or not. I had to hang up because he was destroyed that the twisted frosty wasn't chocolate. ahhhhhhhhh! You would think by now that I would know how things work with him but I somehow failed today. I did redeem myself by calming him down quickly and he decided it wasn't that bad after all. Thank goodness. Can't those folks at Wendy's be more specific! Don't put pictures if they are not accurate...it freaks out the abby normals of the world! :)

We later went to martial arts where Greyson got his fourth stripe so he is slated to receive his blue belt. He has done so well there so we are going to enroll him in a 28 month program there hoping he can continue his growth and success. Thank you Master Hartsell for all you do for these kids. Your work is greatly appreciated.

No comments: