Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What a great week so far!

"G man" when he was much younger showing his creative and artistic side! LOVE it!
This week has been really awesome. I have been able to spend some time at Greyson's school which has really been fun. I didn't realize it but I think I was having a harder time than he was this year. I never really felt good at his other school when I tried to go in or talk with the teacher. it was always very awkward. This year has been so much better but I have taken a long time to come around and feel really OK with going over there anytime. Now that the year is almost over I am loving going over there to hang out with the kids and Suzy. I think I had some left over anxiety about school in general and didn't even realize it. I have absolutely none now though...that's for sure. I went and hung out today at their mini society trial run and had a blast. I let "Az", the little old lady in a 6 year old's body, do my hair at her hair salon. She is a cute little girl in his class that has the temperament of a little old lady...it's the cutest thing ever! She had me and another little girl did Kathy's hair while another did Suzy's. Well....Kathy and I got the "royal" treatment with gobs of moose, hair gel and butterfly hair clasps....I even had my nails painted orange while my hair was being done! Hot I tell you! Nothing but HOT! You see the kids are learning how a society works complete with banks, jail, museum, (Museum director is Greyson), muffin store, smoothie shop, snow cone shop, strawberry treat store, etc.... They designed and printed their own society money, they get paid each week, and they have money to spend in the other areas in their little society. It is awesome! They even voted in a president and vice president! Greyson is the museum director/tour guide. He even paid a friend to be his cave man in the museum. He has a dinosaur fossil, magnets, a giraffe, stitch from Lilo & Stitch, and a bear. All the kids are too cute and we helped them practice or have a trail run today. My hair was a piece of work I tell you. Only thing missing was glitter! I even got lip gloss, PINK, at the last minute to add the finishing touch! BEAUTIFUL! I will have pics soon to show how awesome these kids are! I am really enjoying Suzy, the school, the class, and all it stands for more and more as each day passes. I am sooo gonna miss being with Suzy next year....Maybe I'll ask her to keep him one more year just because! hahahahahaha I know...I am sooo bad! I think she will be very helpful and instrumental in picking him someone good for next year. I think we have a kind woman in mind already anyway. I just need to go upstairs and check out the situation up there. I so worry about him being bullied at some point so I want to steer clear of anything like that if possible but I will always have that to watch out for. If I can find a good friend in his class to help me watch out for those things as well as having a good teacher on guard then he will be just fine. he doesn't always disclose things to me so I have to find someone who will help me keep an eye out and tell. (Just in case) For now....I so cherish this entire year and hate to see it end. It seems as though it just started and poof it is just days to being over. :( I could not have asked for a better place to come to bring a boy who had been broken. Suzy is the most wonderful teacher and she, along with a wonderful EC teacher and assistant, a great speech therapist, and several OT's helped lift him up and bring him back around. He is doing so much better, not just academically but mentally as well. He still struggles some, but he has made progress by leaps and bounds compared to where he was. Thank you guys for fixing his broken spirit. He is definitely soaring and on his way to much bigger and better things. I am amazed and love seeing it happen before me. Kudos again and again to you all. Hears to our teacher Suzy, she is so very gifted and invested in the lives of soooo many children. She will probably never know just how many lives she has touched and blessed through her years of teaching but I will remind her every chance I get of just how special she is our family not to mention several other families with children in our class. We speak about you alot behind your back...but it is ALWAYS words of thanks and gratitude for the job you do. ...and Lord knows words NEVER do justice to what we feel...but we try none the less to express ourselves. I think this sums up Suzy to a tee. So here's to you o' master of the wee ones. You are a rare one of a kind woman who is loved dearly by all that encounter you! (Well the ones that are sane anyway!) hahahahaaaa

One Hundred 'years from Now
One Hundred Years from now It will not matter what kind of car I drove,
What kind of house I lived in, how much money was in my bank account
nor what my clothes looked like.
But the world may be a better place because I was important in the life of a child.
Here are some of the pics from our fun day at CCS-Mini Society

2 comments:

LifeIsArt said...

BAHHAAAAHAHAHAA

suzycm said...

i was laughing and crying at the same time! you're so sweet!!!