Monday, May 11, 2009

Not so good Monday...

Greyson informed me today when I picked him up that his day was not so good. I normally do no ask until we have gotten home giving him time to decompress so this must have been bothering him. I asked why and he claimed the assistant in class had gotten mad with him for going to the restroom without permission. Unfortunately he claims he had asked to go and thought the teacher had said yes. I am not sure where the communication breakdown was but normally he wouldn't lie. He is usually extremely honest even when faced with consequences. Oh well...He said she did not believe him and so he went into the coat closet and cried. I think her not believing him was the worst part to him. Normally he tells the truth and is very honest. I have not known him to lie...hem and haw before telling the truth yes...flat out lie...not so much. I took that moment to explain to him about lies and why it is soooo bad to lie. I explained it kinda like the boy who cried wolf. I said this is one reason why it is important never to tell a lie. Because, once you tell a lie and your friends know it, then when you tell the truth, no one will believe you. I also said it is important to always make sure someone is looking at you when you are speaking to them. That way if they are talking to you you know it. If they are talking to someone else they would be looking at them. So...that said I think he is fine now. He is quite a guy and can be very complex in ways unimaginable. He came straight home grabbed his new kitten and squeezed her tight and loved her. Then it was right into some Thomas. I am thinking that the Thomas shows offer him a sense of calm even if he is extremely embarrassed by his renewed love for it. He is playing trains and watching his shows...i am off to prepare dinner. Goodnight all...until tomorrow. Hopefully less rain is in our future.

2 comments:

LifeIsArt said...

Soo sorry Lynn!! I will talk to him tomorrow. I feel AWFUL. Please tell him I love him very much.

Unknown said...

Hugs to Greyson.

My kids go through stages where they watch stuff from when they were little. I think it offers them comfort and security.