Thursday, May 7, 2009

Another Day in the Life...

Today has been good so far and yesterday was fine too. Greyson has been enjoying his kitty kat Alex, loving him, playing with him, etc... But feeding him has been a challenge. Susan...you're gonna love this! He, Greyson, cannot stand the smell of the cat food. I am trying to get him to understand that the kitten needs to see him as the daddy/giver of food/love & TLC so that they will bond. Unfortunately the food has been crazy so far. hahahaaa Greyson nearly gagged this am when I handed it to him so I grabbed it back and set it on the bathroom floor for the kitten. Then I made him bring the kitten to the food. He was in and out in the bat of an eye due to the "stench" as he calls it. Other than that things are rolling right along. He has been loving school and mini society. He is excited about his job as Museum director/runner....and I am helping him round up items for his museum to display and exhibit. We painstakingly finished his first project thanks to my allowing him to procrastinate but it is completed as well with some help from mommy to minimize the drama. He was extremely happy to share about the butterflies today. He brought a butterfly tree house to school with caterpillars and his class watched the whole metamorphosis into butterflies. They fed them oranges for a week and watched them grow. Today they released them into the wild to fly away and make more painted lady butterflies! It was sooooo neat to see the whole thing happen. I may get more this summer...and some lady bugs too. I recommend this site to anyone looking for a unique experience for their children this summer. http://www.insectlore.com/ They have great information and wonderful kits for raising all kinds of bugs, butterflies, etc, etc.... Oh how cool it is! Enjoy...

Now for a little tid bit...Greyson lately has been very interested in some shows that he loved as a baby/toddler. Not sure why, but maybe all kids do this. He would kill me for telling so it is TOP SECRET OK? We watched Elmo the other night and lately he has been all about his trains again. Thomas the Tank Engine to be exact. He soooooo loves trains. I told him not to be embarrassed and that it was OK for him to like it still but he is embarrassed anyway. I think his love for trains will NEVER die secretly or not. He is in another world when playing trains or watching those Thomas DVD's. What an awesome guy we have! Well, don't forget...it's a secret because he may burst into flames as he says if anyone found out. The trains I can always embrace...Elmo on the other hand may push me clean over the freakin' edge! Lalalala lalalalaaaaaaa Elmo's world.....dew doot doot dew deeeeewwwww......dew doot doot deeeeewwww....that's Elllllmoooooo's world! Ahhhhhhhhh! Now that I put that song in your brain too...I am happy. At least I know all the mommies who read this are singing that crap with me now! I feel soo much better! Good day...Good night....Good times to all! love & hugs from us to you.

1 comment:

LifeIsArt said...

I am cracking up because Finn has been sneaking and watching Dora and Diego with Stella. He got busted by his sister the other day and he was soo embarrassed. It was hilarious. We don't care if he watches but man he sure didn't want Maddy to see him. hahahaaa!