Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday night and storms a brewin'

This is Greyson's new kitten Alex...a boy kitty we just found out (thanks Jen)...laying with our lab Allie. Isn't that sweet. :)

Now...Let me start by saying that momom is not going to be happy once she arrives home tonight. She wanted me to ensure Greyson went to Karate but things did not go quite that simply. Once dinner time arrived storms were brewin' in our area and Greyson was totally freaked out. Now let me set the record straight...Greyson was watching TV in his room and a storm alert came on the TV. Claiming flash floods, hail, heavy rains, lightning, etc...in our area. He freaked. He hates thunderstorms and especially if there is thunder & lightning. It's not pretty. He was convinced that we weren't going anywhere. In the meantime Michele stopped by home before going on the finish work for the night. She made sure to tell me he needed to go to Karate due to his belt test coming up soon. Oh well....I refuse to wrestle a freaked out 8 year old so we stayed here. I will take him 3 times next week to make up for it but tonight I wasn't going to battle him. It never did get bad but that's like Murphy's Law material. Had we gone, there probably would have been all hell breaking loose with him clinging to me for days to come. The jaws of life wouldn't have been able to remove him from me had a bad storm come up! This was self preservation as far as I am concerned. He is currently playing some games on his computer. I need to persuade him to fill out his license for his mini society at school and work on his project as well...but I am being slack and letting him have Greyson time with his computer and kitten. Overall I guess it is shame on mommy night! So there you have it...well I at least need to go and get him a shower and head off to bed at a decent time. Good night all and sweet dreams to all of you. hugs...

No comments: