Friday, January 23, 2009

Great Day...It's Friday and Belt Test Day at Karate!

Today was a most wonderful day for me and hopefully for Greyson. I spent the day with him first at Imaginon watching Clinton play the drum with the Imagineers...and then I took him back to school to be with his class. he asked me to stay for lunch which ended up in me staying until time to leave. it was great though. I had a great time watching all the kids and Greyson while also getting to spend time chatting some with Ms Suzy his teacher. It was really nice and I enjoyed being there. Hopefully I can come by other times and be of some help to her when and if need be. After we left school we came home to do a little of his math sheet homework. We are plugging away at it since homework is not always easy or his favorite...he and every other kid huh? Anyway...at around 5:30 we had to start getting ready for his belt test. Every so often in Karate class...(after a certain number of hours logged) they are ready to test for their next belt color on their way to Black belt. It get s harder as they get closer to black but for now he is coming right along. Still somewhat uncoordinated but they are fine with that and roll with it. Yay....he started at white, then orange, yellow, blue, green and now...green stripe. After green stripe then he will be going for purple. I think he really likes it and he seems to focus very well in there although he still has moments of wondering. If you know what I mean. :) we do love to watch him though and Michele so wants him to succeed at some sport. He is so headed for drama or singing as he does it alot. Ms Cymantha told me today he will be doing assignments or working by himself but there is almost always singing involved. She said she lets him sing unless it seems like he is going to break out into full blown version. Next thing you know he'll be on Broadway or at the very least TV or movies...haha I just hope once he is famous his memories of us are fond ones. Michele is tortured here because he and I both suffer from hearing a word and breaking out into song. Then we usually make up words to fit whatever is happening to us at that moment which brings her to the brink of insanity. Poor thing...I do feel sorry for her sometimes....but mostly not! It's all about the love! Well....back to Greyson...he was awarded his green striped belt tonight and Master Hartsell was very proud of him. He is coming right along. We came home and had his favorite...pepperoni pizza in Yay! I love pizza too but I am burnt out on it thanks to the pizza king. Oh well...now it is off to bed for us here shortly. He isn't feeling all that great and has a little bit of an upset stomach. I hope it doesn't turn into anything more than the usual for him. His little stomach can be a little sensitive at times not liking certain things like chocolate so...I hope that is what is happening. We shall see... good night and sweet dreams to you & yours. It's the weekend and definitely that is cause enough to celebrate. Cheers!

No comments: