Thursday, January 15, 2009

Finally it feels like Winter...

Well...I actually went over to do some work at the office today. I haven't done that in months as they have not needed my assistance. I got some things done for one of the agents and then went to get Greyson. I think he had a pretty good day and he was really excited about his reading workshop. That is such a change form last year for sure. :) Yay for Suzy again! Anyway...he is sooo funny. I can't remember everything he was telling me in the car but he was really funny. he was also proud because Ms Lisa bragged on him at pickup. She told me he sat with his friends at lunch and was very good. He did not get in any ones space and there was no food thrown at all. Apparently at some point in time he and some of his friends decided throwing food was a good idea. For all I know it was his grand idea...I just do not know. I do know that we do not condone the throwing of food items at our house or any place where we may be eating so that being said...who knows where he learned that or saw it being done. Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network perhaps? So...maybe we are on the road to no food fights. Let's hope so. Today he was very proud so maybe that in itself will be a step in the right direction. Nothing like some good ol' positive reinforcement. Some people feeling beating the living tar out of them works...we on the other hand find that ludicrous. If it worked as well as they thought one beating would be all it took. But then again that is just my opinion. Greyson is in the bedroom balling right now because I will not come right to bed with him. he says he is scared but the lights are on. I tell you some nights it is just a battle and it wears me out. He is in there just crying and crying....I can't even get a few minutes. Michele has work to do, and he wants me to lay with him. I on the other hand would love to just be able to put him to bed...or maybe just say, "Son it is your bedtime now. Good night, I love you, & sweet dreams..." One day I tell you...one day....This whole routine can wear a girl down! Well...the king calls...I did manage to get a time pinned down that I would be back in the room with him so he held out the 10 minutes I asked for . Not without screaming, crying, and telling me how scared he was. So...my 10 minutes was all but peaceful. Go figure. tomorrow he has an early dismissal so I will be picking him up at 1pm. He is excited and it is a long weekend to boot. Oh boy...the fun to be had. Think happy thoughts... I am going to think of something that makes me laugh...it gets me through the moments where my patience is being tested and worn thin. :) I learned raising my voice/screaming does no good... Greyson looked at me the last time I raised my voice, which for him does not have to be very loud,....and said, "I don't even know you anymore!" Where the hell did that come from? Did he just say that? Had to be a movie line....I just don't know which one! hahahaaaaaa To all of our friends...Good night, sweet dreams....happy thoughts & hugs to all.

No comments: