Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Monday...Tuesday Updates...

Well Yesterday was Monday and it was back to school for Greyson after his debut performance at the wedding. He danced so much and so did I. It is a wonder he can walk because I am definitely having trouble! Can you say fossil lezbo! haha...anyway...school went well for him. I took a friend to the doctor so I did not see him until around 4pm. After that he and I went to swimming lesson and had the whole place to ourselves. It was great....he got a private lesson unexpectedly. He did really well too. Jennifer had him blowing bubbles and putting his face down into the water again without holding his nose. He also swam the length of the pool with flippers on doing the crawl stroke...(freestyle). He is so peaceful in the water...I know I keep saying that but I just love watching it and cannot get over it. Each lesson I just love watching him play and swim around. After swimming we came home and Michele came in not too long after. We got dinner, baths, and then got ready for bed. It was off to sleep in no time and before you knew it we were ready for our day today.

It 's Tuesday, election day, and we got up and got ready for school. I headed out to volunteer with Susan in Davidson while Michele took Greyson to school. I had been ready to take him and we were headed to CCS when he had an accident in his pants and we had to turn back. Michele was voting so we turned around and headed to the house to change. I got him changed and started out again realizing we were going to be late when Shel called and rescued me. I love that woman and she is such a help when it comes to him. She does sooo much and I do not thank her enough for her help. Therefore...thanks Boog! (Love ya' To the whole wide world!)
Now...she also had to take him today to his eye doctor appointment. I knew it would not go well since we have not done any of his eye therapy hardly at all at the house. Yes...I will take full responsibility as I should have been stricter and set some formal schedule but let me explain one thing. (aka...make some excuses)...We do alot of different therapies each week as well as paying for Karate and swimming once a week. He also has homework too and reading both of which I have3 a time getting him to do. He certainly cannot accomplish any of it on his own yet which puts me there trying to enforce the completion of these things and make them happen timely. It is no fun I tell you...and adding yet another thing that he has no desire to do just puts that much more pressure on the situation. Seriously though...I have to figure out something because not doing it just will perpetuate his problems and challenges. I cannot allow for him to win these battles so I will have to figure out what to do to make them fun. I am sure Michele will be helping but she has enough on her plate with the business and her new love...fantasy football....haha Anyway...she took the brunt of the doctors scorn today when he said," How do you all expect ?Greyson to do any better if you are not doing his therapy on a regular basis?" Dude...walk a mile will ya'? It isn't always that easy even though I do know he is 100% right. So...mommy Lynn is going to work out a strict schedule for the beatle and we will adhere as best we can so that his vision issues can be worked out and his reading can improve. Keep your fingers crossed for us will ya'. Our guys is a pistol but a very lovable one! So...I am now sitting here watching the results of the election trickle in....wondering if Susan is having heart palpitations and needing a portable defibrillator...don't worry sister. You did an awesome job as always and it will pay off! For now friends Here and family...good night and hugs to you all.

No comments: