Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Greyson has reached his limit for momom being gone...

Well...today Greyson and I hung out here at the house, and early we had conference with Ms Suzy his teacher this year at his new school. We love her and the school as most of you already know. she really had alot of wonderful things to say about how he is progressing well in her class. He is really coming out of his shell and is a much happier boy this year. Ms Suzy said she can tell a difference in him just since the first of the year. his therapist and some friends of ours have commented on his well being and overall happiness being better as well. We are pleased with the progress he is making in reading, writing and in school in general. What a great guy and wonderful boy he is and I am glad he is starting to feel that way as well. He took a hit to his self esteem last year but he is recovering and feeling pretty good about himself now thank goodness. We are all much happier now that he is feeling like he can do things and is a good boy. He was having a time today though. He has reached his limit of his momom being gone. She has been in Ohio since Thursday of last week due to her father's heart attack. he was really sassy a few times today and down right angry a time or two. I said to him...when you can speak to me in a normal tone of voice and be calm I will talk to you. After he came to me and apologized for being disrespectful and angry he said he really missed momom. He has a time with trying to figure out where certain feelings need to be expressed and how to tell us what he is feeling. I knew the whole thing was centered around him missing her....and I am proud that I read that one to a tee. It helped diffuse the entire situation. Now...on a side note....if any of you close to me find him at your door step for a night....he loves chicken nuggets, pepperoni pizza, Pb&J (cut in squares only!)...I promise I will only be gone a day or 2 at most! :) haha... Just kidding...I may stay 3 to 4 days! Seriously...we will be fine. He did make me laugh by telling me when I handed him my phone..."Mommy Lynn, That's my bad ear give it to my other ear." I said....you only have one good ear? he said..."yep....and this arm is bad, and this leg is bad....as a matter of fact mommy Lynn...this whole side of me is bad!" It was his left side and he is right handed...I figure since that side is probably weak...he has decided it is the "bad" side. Who knows. I know I laughed until I cried though....he keeps us in stitches. Go figure. Well....I gotta go play the double mommy role. We will be sleeping again with "bob the builder/momom stand in"...Let me tell ya' people...it aint workin'...he knew it wasn't her right away. Damn it I can't have nice things! Good night all...love ya' mean it, don't go changin'!

No comments: