Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Almost Thanksgiving.... :)

Seriously...this cat and dog need to get a life. First the damn cat is showing off at swimming, now he talks the dog into dressing as an Indian posing in this pic for Thanksgiving. Show off! I just want to know where his little pilgrim shoes are huh?
First let me say we are thankful for all of our extended friends and family here in the Charlotte area. You guys have been great since Shel's dad passed and we do not know what we would do without you. Thank you all for you thoughts, kind words, love and blessings. Our family is also thankful to be so blessed in general. We have a home...plenty of food and lots of love to share. What more could a couple of girls and one sweet boy ask for huh? :) Happy Thanksgiving to all of you from our family. We love you tons! Now go get yourselves ready to be in a turkey induced coma complete with parades and football...
Greyson had a great day off from school. He watched some TV, played DS, and Star Wars and then we headed to McDonald's with Ms Cathy to eat a special birthday lunch. She wanted to take Mr man to his favorite restaurant to eat...haha So off we went. Afterwards Greyson and I headed to his OT appointment where I enjoyed the holiday traffic from hell on I-77. It took us an hour to get from Exit 16 to Exit 33 in Mooresville. Gotta love that. (All those ET's phoning home I guess!) He did great at OT. He rode a bike, played on the bull swing to work on his vestibular stimulation, played a social game on the trampoline with some other boys, and tried tying his shoes at the end. We're still working on that! We got in the car to head home and found all of our holiday friends again. So....we stopped and went, stopped and went, ordered some pizza, stopped and went. finally we were at the pizza exit so we took it. We got our pizza, came home for dinner where momom was awaiting our arrival. By then I needed a frontal lobotomy but I am coming out of it now. Between Greyson stressing over his star wars game, traffic, and lord knows what else I was ready to pull out some of my hair. He tends to think I can help him kill some bad guys, drive the car, answer my phone, all at the same time. Go figure....Nothing like a screaming boy yelling help me help me and sticking a DS your way while you are driving on the Interstate at 70 MPH....I am almost sure the HP would never understand. We are winding down and getting ready to make the journey to Raleigh in the am. we will go see my sister for Thanksgiving with her new husband and his family. It should be fun. At least as long as no creepy things happen....Some of you know this story...others will here it soon I am sure. For now just know this...."I totally under estimated the creepiness" Good night all...sleep tight...and enjoy your food coma & parades tomorrow. I know we will. Cheers and thank you all for being a our friends.

No comments: