Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Swim Lesson Guppy Style & MATI Night

Greyson had his first swim lesson last night in his guppy class and yes that darn cat is back showing off! What the heck...I though cats hated the water. That is the next step up from where he was....well let me tell you how proud we are of him! I was concerned because at the end of his last class he was swimming great but always had to hold his nose....well he gets in his new class with Ms Becky and darn if he didn't just go right under and start acting like he was a fish. he threw his arms up in a dive stance and pushed off the wall and glided under water without holding his nose! He kills me. when he is good and ready he can do just about anything he puts his mind to. Note to readers...he has to be good and ready...otherwise he is the most stubborn fella you could encounter and will fight you tooth and nail regardless of what you suggest or want him to do. Nothing but fun to be had I tell you. After that we headed home, took a bath, and then read. He then watched a movie for a short time and we went to bed.

Another day of wonderful events passes and here I am writing about Tuesday...today...August 26th. We got up this am, ate breakfast and headed for school. On the way Greyson spilled his juice on his shorts. Yes this is a problem for just about anyone...but for him it is a major catastrophe. He is upset and saying how this is the worst day ever and we should return home to get new shorts...etc...etc...I calmly said it was an accident and that he had to go on to school because we did not have time to turn around. I pinkie promised to go to target and get him some new shorts and bring them back so....even in torrential rains I headed out to Target to buy some shorts. Needless to say it is these moments that nearly send me over the edge and cause me to want to pull out clumps of my hair. I just do my best to make sure he doesn't know that....I save those fun conversations for my loving partner Michele. Poor thing...I love her. anyway...I got the shorts...took them back, changed him in the EC teachers office and headed to work all within 20 minutes! Score! welcome to our normal...yes I am sure you are saying...that could happen to any child/mother...but what you don't realize is his reactions to these things can be so much more extreme than most. that's where the fun comes in. Well...it's ok....I love our normal even if at times I need to pull out some hair. I may start a new trend in hair styles huh? Gotta love a fashion forward chick like me! love to you all...we appreciate your visiting us.

No comments: