Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Cheetah Pinata Story

Well I took Greyson to school today and things were a little haywire due to the flooding from the torrential rains we had. His teacher was gone due to the floods and the school was flooded downstairs as well. He got extremely upset that I could not look at his picture he had done the day prior...now...to give you the background of this wonderful picture he drew. He was told by the art teacher to draw something in his community. To Greyson....Lord only knows what that meant. So what happened next amused me...not so much him or the teacher. He drew his picture,...a cheetah pinata, as he explained to me. The teacher tells him that his picture really doesn't have anything to do with our community. I am sure she meant no harm but it rocked his world. As he explained to me...he thought she did not like his picture. Therefore...he started to cry. She then panicked, I am sure, and it turns out that his picture was hung on the board and he was the only one to receive 2 stars. She also told him she loved his picture at some point. Poor woman...I need to go in and chat with her. He was proudly telling me the story and I wanted to howl. A cheetah pinata? Where did that come from I asked...he says to me, "It was just in my head." OK.....Clearly he will be a person that changes the way even the artsiest of souls see the world. haha
After his day we headed to OT were he did wonderful work on his fine motor skills as well as his motor coordination. His therapist Ms Karissa said he had a great day and he even was able to do the zip line hanging by his hands for the first time. He normally had to ride on the seated one due to lack of upper body strength. After that it was a quick meal from Mickey D's for Grey and off to the house to change for swimming. I bragged to soon on his not holding his nose because last night it was back to holding it again. he must have breathed in half the pool Monday and decided it wasn't working so much. :) He has always had trouble with blowing his nose so I think he just isn't quite getting the coordination of holding his mouth closed and blowing air through his nose. This result in snorting gallons of water for him...His nose clip is out due to his exclamation of not being able to breath once he is out from under the water. Funny how things work...or should I say don't work for him. As I have said before...it just causes us to look at things differently and we continue to do so. We love you Greyson G-R! To the whole wide world! Good Day all...thanks for the support & love.

No comments: