Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hangin' in the Park with my Best Buddy...

Greyson and I ran some errands yesterday and then came back to the house. We watched some movies and then we called Campbell Greyson's best friend from his old school. Campbell and his mom met us in the park to play for a while. The boys had a great time while Pam and I just hung out and talked. Greyson has been doing really great here lately. He has not been quite as frustrated as he had been months ago. The summer, along with a good new school and some other things, has really boosted his confidence and the way he handles himself. we came back home around 3 and waited on momom to come home. After that we went to eat together. Michele and I talked about how much he had improved over the summer and how much he had grown. What a funny and entertaining guy he is.
His latest quirk is that he has started acting really funny about what he wears. I think it may be a sensory issue because he seems to always want to wear his gym shorts. they are very silky basketball type shorts and he loves them. We have to really work hard to get him to wear the shorts we just bought which are more denim or canvas type material. He refused to wear them on Friday saying he felt normal and did not like that. Not sure what that means yet. I think he may be confusing his words and really means something else. I'll figure it out eventually. he doesn't always want to talk or expand on what he has said so it makes it difficult to really decipher what he means. So....you just keep ridin the wave as I have said and it will at some point make sense.
I did get a chance to speak with another mother on Wednesday of last week at our OT appointment. How refreshing to talk with someone who has been there done that. We traded stories for almost an hour and our sons challenges are pretty much one in the same. Her son is getting ready to turn 11 so she was able to offer proof of how the therapies help etc... It seems alot of kids with Aspergers/High Functioning Autism display alot of the same behaviors and eccentric ways. It was so enlightening. We laughed quite a bit at some of the stories we both had. Free therapy...you cannot beat that! :) Well I am signing off...thanks for coming by....we love you all. I am off to a baby shower later today for a couple Michele & I know. I am really excited for them. Congratulations H & K on your new addition!

No comments: