Friday, August 8, 2008

Out of Sync...

Greyson is really out of sorts today. I did not realize he was so out of sync when I dropped him off at camp but obviously he was. I received a call from Lindsay around 2pm telling me he was getting in trouble all day long. He was disruptive when the campers tried to watch a movie and was told several times to stop. Finally he had to go to Ms Lindsay's office. He then got another chance at lunch to redeem himself but ended up upset that he didn't get hamburgers with all of the other kids. Therefore a tantrum ensued. That is what happens when you have a slight miscommunication, (i.e. the special lunch cookout) and not knowing about the cookout we sent his lunch. He decided he wanted a hamburger and they said no because he brought lunch. He then got very upset. (poor planning, miscommunication and ASpergers is a recipe for disaster) Well...tomorrow is another day. He is sweet and means no harm. Trying to help him understand that he cannot have things his way every time is sometimes quite the challenge. He was sad and apologetic when I picked him up. He just doesn't always make the right choices and that is hard for him to understand at times. He cries and pleads with me saying, I didn't mean it...He sometimes really has no idea what he did wrong and I have to explain it in detail for him to try and understand. It breaks my heart when that happens...you can see it in his eyes that he just isn't always getting it. Well...as I said tomorrow is a new day. Sweet dreams my little nut brown hair.

No comments: