Monday, August 11, 2008

One more week and counting...

Well...here we are, one week away from the start of Greyson's new school. I am a little nervous but hopefully all will be well. I am going tomorrow to give the EC teacher Greyson's evals so we can start on an IEP for him. I also have to go get his long list of supplies. Thanks to grandma for buying Greyson his goodies for school. :) I talked to Susan today...we wish her & Meg well at school as well. Greyson will miss Meg as well as a few others he is fond of at his old school. He spoke about it the other day saying he was going to miss his friends. He really is such a sweet guy and means well...he just doesn't always know how to handle himself in certain situations. At times if things get too crazy he can get really out of sorts and unfortunately most people have no idea how to handle that. It can be sad to see him struggle and it does break my heart. Overall though things have really been looking up. We are so glad to see his confidence level on the rise since it had bottomed out there for a while.
He had swimming lessons tonight, his last one. I am going to sign him up right away for the next level of class since he has excelled and done so well. We met some new friends there as well so we may be able to do a play date soon. Ms Elizabeth has 3 boys Greyson could play with. She was very nice and is an OT. How ironic huh? Nothing is a coincidence...all things happen for a reason and all people in your life are there for some reason. I truly believe this regardless of what anyone else thinks...call me crazy....fine...you aren't the first! haha I love you sweet Greyson...you'll always be my baby.

No comments: