Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back to School Cook Out CCS...

Today we had a cookout and get to know at Greyson's new school. It was fun but quite overwhelming at first. Well...overwhelming for me....I think Greyson and Michele were fine...I on the other hand thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown. All these new people talking, laughing, hanging out, and there we were, not knowing anyone...not knowing what could happen here....and wondering if we were in for another year of tears. I wanted to run & hide. It was a total sensory overload for me. Yeah...I know....the apple didn't fall far from the tree deal....
Greyson on the other hand was having a blast. Michele did not seem worried at all....she was a little taken back by all of the "artsy fartsy" crowd there. Haha....I was digging that. Once I settled down we went in and met the teacher and some of the other parents. What a blessing this place is! I know the year hasn't even started yet but I feel it. All of them are so involved and it is such an intimate crowd. The teacher is so invested in her kids and their individual success...you can just tell. We spoke with her about Greyson and some of his challenges and she was fully on board and great about it. Together I am sure we can make school right & fun again for him. The parents were wonderful...the people and staff were wonderful...and I cannot wait to try again to see him succeed and show everyone what his full potential is. This boy has so much to offer to the right person who can tap into his abilities. Once Ms Suzy does...watch out world. :) Thank goodness for this new school. Their focus is more on the creative side of things and he will definitely excel with their help. After all...he does have a flare for drama, music, and the arts in general. Go figure.... show em' what ya' got big man....the world awaits and there is nothing you can't do!

No comments: