Thursday, August 14, 2008

Meeting the EC Teacher...

I met the EC teacher and the assistant principal at Greyson's new school today. I took all of his evaluations to them and found out there are several more evals he will have to have as a state requirement. That's ok....according to the teacher I am still ahead of the game. Hopefully they can get this show rolling ASAP so he can have his IEP in place as soon as possible. I think things will be much better here given the resources available to him and the staff seems very patient and invested in his success. That is all I wanted from anyone to begin with. Michele and I still intend to stay on top of everything that is going on to ensure he succeeds while continuing to focus more on his strengths than anything else. He is extremely smart and a great guy and I am sure he will be tops at whatever he chooses to do. He had OT today and was a little tired but Ms Karissa got him out of his shell and they played alot. He has started on his Handwriting without Tears program which the school also utilizes so he should be able to make good progress with that. The school EC teacher is going to do an educational evaluation on him so they can see where he is. She said they will work on his reading since he is so against working with us on that at home. We have had no luck getting him interested in that unfortunately. Knowing he is behind has had us in a panic but he will not read and does not like to be read to unless it is bedtime. He wants nothing to do with school work at home if he can help it. We do get some moments of success with it though...few and far between. haha don't mind the clumps of hair missing from my head....it's self inflicted. :) (Seriously...I haven't pulled that much out!) Well...that was our day yesterday. We will attend a picnic Sunday to meet all of the school staff and the other parents/kids. I hope he likes it....I think of what I've heard so far it will be really awesome for him. Talk to you later...thanks for coming by. Hugs to all.

No comments: