Saturday, August 16, 2008

Final Friday...

Greyson had his last bead ceremony at camp today and his final farewell to Countryside. I am not sure he realized it but for some reason sitting there watching him and hearing the other parents thank the school for being so wonderful and all inclusive really got to me. I was really sad thinking of how it was over there for us due to his challenges being too much for them to handle. I know moving on is the right thing for all of us but it still is upsetting to end that chapter of our lives. We have met some great friends there but it will be different not being there with them daily. I know we will keep in touch though and that Greyson will still be able to have play dates...but still....it made me so sad. Thank goodness Michele was not there and Greyson went home with Campbell and his mom & dad for a play date because I cried all the way home. It still breaks my heart at times that he has these challenges. Sometimes you would never know it....other times it is very prevalent and really hits me hard. Don't worry...Our family will be fine and we will continue to focus on Greyson's strengths. I just have my little moments sometimes where I need to grieve as a mother. Yesterday was one of them. After his ceremony, and my cry, Michele and I headed to share some QT with our friends. We had a great time. Thank you especially to Shelly for being my ear yesterday. At some point I broke down again when updating them as to what had gone on with us since we had seen them last and she was my therapist for a moment there. :) I love ya' girl...the checks in the mail!
Well...all I can say is, I know all is well and will be ok. I truly believe all things happen for a reason...there are NO coincidences, and everything always works itself out in its own time. All is going to be just fine but I will buckle up for safety just in case. :) Thank you again for coming to visit our blog....we love you all for caring for us and we so appreciate our extended family here in Charlotte! You guys are the best!

No comments: