Friday, August 22, 2008

End of First Week

Well here we are...Friday night and the end of our first week of school. Greyson did well. Yesterday he had an appointment with Mr. Mike and we got great news. Mr Mike thinks Greyson is showing signs of relaxing and enjoying life more. He isn't so anxious and frustrated as he had been prior to summer vacation. I am so glad to hear that Greyson is making headway with his therapy and is starting to gain confidence and a better sense of self. After that we headed over to MATI for martial arts class. Greyson was a little out of sorts but I think once he moves up he will be fine. He is about to test for his blue belt and he will be leaving the class he was in. It has become bigger due to new students coming in to fill the place of those headed out and that puts him out of sync. Too many people and too much stimulation creates havoc in him and his sensory issues. He then gets sillier than normal and cannot seem to stand still...more so than usual. It is almost like he does not know what to do with himself. I caught him popping his neck like the chiropractor would do during class. Not sure where he picked that up but neither Michele nor I do that. Oh well. Today when I dropped him off at school I spoke with his teacher and the EC teachers briefly. Things are going well and it won't be long before we have his IEP moving along. currently we are waiting for a few more evaluations from the school psychologist and an education eval from the EC teacher. The state requires some tests that we had not already done so they have to be done before we start working on his IEP. Hopefully things will be starting by the first of Sept. Right now though, even without his IEP he seems to be doing much better and feeling more like he belongs there. I definitely still think we have done the right thing by getting him in here. He claims to really like the new school and his teachers. I am relieved but I know I will need to stay on top of his progress and help them in any way I can to ensure his success.
Michele and I and our whole situation should be better by next week as well. We have had a numerous amount of stressors happening here this summer and it has seemed to have no end. We are hoping that with some changes we are making that we can finally get things back on track for our entire family. We could use a little good luck here lately. Well...I am going to close out and spend some time with my family.

No comments: