Sunday, March 1, 2009

KidsKrawl, Rain and Snow on the Way?

One of Greyson's many master pieces... :)
We started our weekend on Friday night at Dilworth Neighborhood Grill for the KidsKrawl event hosted by CCS. The school solicited for art work to be auctioned off, either from artists you knew or from your own collection. They just need items to help bring in money. The children did items at school that the parents bought and the rest was auctioned off during the night. It was alot of fun to see everyone and mingle. The drumming group at school performed as well lead by Mr Artie. The school encouraged the kids to create an art piece with a parent to donate as well so I helped Greyson do a painting of a waterfall. That is what he wanted to paint so that is what we painted. He did almost all of it although I did offer tips and show him some tricks to spice it up a bit. :) He was very proud of it and Michele was bidding on it as well as his teacher, Suzy. Ms Suzy had the winning bid and Greyson was beaming. I think it meant the world to him that she got his painting. It was very cute. I also donated a couple of my paintings and was actually taken back and in shock at the prices they went for. Much more than I would have expected so I was pleased. I paint but when it comes to placing a value on that I have a hard time. They all have some meaning for me pricing them seems to be a difficult task. Oh well...I am just happy they sold and the people that bought them really liked them. That is all that matters to me. :) So...with that said the night was great and I left with a smile since my work was a hit. Saturday we hung out here at the house after running some errands. We all played wii ski some, I cooked dinner, we ate, and then played some more. I am not very good at that darn wii but I manage. Greyson on the other hand seems to be a natural. He just goes with it and figures it out right away normally...darn him! That was really fun since it was rainy out and a horrible day to have a high energy guy trapped inside. Wii does help with that...thanks "Santa". Today is Sunday and we are expecting snow in the evening hours. It is still raining and the temp. outside is dropping quite rapidly. if it is going to snow then I hope it is at least enough to allow him one good sledding session before spring arrives. Otherwise....the snow can stay away in my opinion. Bring on a blizzard or nothing! That's my theory and I'm sticking to it! :) I will be going to a baby shower while momom and Greyson have some QT. Maybe a session at Bounce U or Monkey Joe's...we shall see. I am headed out of here...just wanted to check in and update our weekend. Have a great weekend...what is left of it and a great day in the snow/blizzard of 2009! Patiently awaiting that huh? hugs...

1 comment:

LifeIsArt said...

sooooo excited about my painting! right now it's hanging in stella's room but it may end up in my living room. i love it!! i wanted yours too but i wasn't about to get in jen's way. you saw that look on her face....:)