Monday, March 16, 2009

What a wet weekend...Bring on the Spring.

The week ended fine last week with out any major craziness. On Friday we headed home early from school and Greyson helped me cook up a big pot of chili for momom and Uncle Rich for dinner. It being cold and rainy I figured one last chili hooray would be good. we had been supposed to head to the beach with a group of our friends but it wasn't in the cards. hahahaa Prioritization caused us to have to opt out this time. so...that said we headed home to cook. We finished our chili and they came home just in time to eat and then they had to head out again. One of Michele's clients had an emergency that they had to look at. So...Greyson and I watched a movie and then headed off to bed. The next day we had a blast. Greyson and I went to Ray's Splash Planet where he ran into one of his classmates, Cameron. Cameron was there with his father and another little boy named Dale so they all played for almost 3 hrs. together. Greyson did really well swimming and I feel comfortable at his skill level now. He definitely can keep himself out of trouble but I still watched him like a hawk and stayed in the water with him. It was really fun for Greyson and he had a ball with Cameron's father. He loves spending time with guys when he gets the chance. Mostly because he does not have a lot of that at our house. We have 2 great mommies that love him dearly but no father figure if you will. That is why he has so loved Michele's brother being here. He loves Rich to death. So...while Momom and Uncle Rich cleaned up after a fire in a dumpster that happened Friday night we played with his buddies at Ray's Splash Planet. Once we got home we were ready for another night of movies. Greyson had gotten his hair cut earlier on Saturday so he was feeling handsome showing it to momom. Handsome but still shy. You can't make over him too much or he gets really embarrassed and then gets angry. So...we try not to make to much of changes in his appearance etc...even complements make him crazy. So...Saturday was a really fun day and then we are into Sunday. Sunday we had a special day and headed to Monkey Joe's to meet Megan and her mommy. Megan was one of his best buddies form his prior school and he still has a special place in his life for her. They had fun and they really do have a lot in common. They are pretty cute to watch. They played games, jumped on all the bouncy toys and slid down the big slides. He had a great day and a great weekend with a lot of friends. he has really come a long way and is doing so very good. Last night we went to bed and he started having a little anxiety again. He wasn't able to sleep so I turned on a movie for him. I looked at the clock and it was 10 pm and he was still having trouble sleeping. He startled me, I had dozed off for a minute when he sat up to get another sip of juice. I grabbed his arm and told him to stop and lay down. He got so upset and said I had scared him. I told him I was sorry but that he needed to go on to sleep and stop drinking so much juice. He cried and was sooo tired. I really felt badly so I talked with him and explained I had not meant to scare him and I was sorry. He can be sooo overly sensitive and I feel like you really have to watch how you talk to him. He thinks I am yelling sometimes when I don't even feel like I have raised my voice. I think at times it's his sensory stuff and that noises can sound so much louder to him. He will jump at nearly nothing and other times seems unfazed at loud noises. It is really kind of weird. Anyway...he is off to school today and hopefully things will go well. I am sure he is tired. He is a sweet guy and growing up really fast. I love him so much. What a guy...our guy. Greyson..."Love you to the whole wide world!"

No comments: