Saturday, March 28, 2009

Goldilocks the Goldfish and her Busted Swim Bladder

It's Saturday....fun, fun Saturday...filled with rain, rain and more rain. But before I get into that let me tell you our gold fish drama. Greyson has a goldfish named Goldilocks. She has been doing well ever since his other fish, Indiana Jones died. Well, last night I noticed she, I guess it's she, was floating at the top of the bowl and having trouble swimming down to the bottom. I looked it up on the internet and apparently the damn thing had swim bladder issues. This is caused from being constipated of all the damn things! It recommends wetting her flake food with her own bowl water before feeding to stop it from happening anymore. The kicker though was the remedy. It told me to give her a frozen pea. Let it thaw and skin it and feed it to her to act I guess as a "fiber". No they do not make Correctol fish food! Damn the luck.... anyway...no frozen peas at casa de G-R so I found a can of Le Suer peas and opened that baby up. I squeezed out the insides of a pea and fed it to "Goldi"...she ate it up but it wasn't pretty. Once it sank to the bottom she was screwed since she still wasn't able to stay down good. Lots of gas and bloating I guess keeping her at the top! hahahahaaa I decided to squeeze another pea and she ate a bunch of it too. Now she is swimming like a champ after just 24 hrs. Go figure....peas...the fiber for fish! (Le Suer peas....keeping goldfish regular since only God knows when!) Maybe I should write them a letter to thank them for saving her life. No toilet flush for her! :) So...that's our funny story for Saturday. that and me having to drive Greyson all the way to Frank Lisk Park in a monsoon to prove that his friends birthday party was probably not happening in this torrential rain! SO...once we got there...witnessed that no one was out fishing or playing in the rain....we drove back home. Nothing but fun at our house. He was sad but will get over it. Tomorrow is another day. Goodnight to all.

2 comments:

Anna's Mom said...

OMG - I cannot believe you drove out there to show him! You are top mom of the day - you rock!!!!

LifeIsArt said...

the goldfish thing cracks me up. hahahhaaaaaaa. only you would have looked it up and solved the problem that quickly.

how would you like to find a friend for goldi? like maybe a tadpole or two... hundred...hahahaaa