Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's been a while...

Yes...it's been a while. That could be construed several ways...and honestly...they probably all would fit. hahahaaa But, today, I am referring to my blogging. Greyson has been doing OK this week. i picked him up on Monday and he was acting weird. he wouldn't speak all the way home and then came into the house and locked himself in his room. Upon further investigation he finally fessed up. One of the little girls at school had uninvited him to her birthday so she could add her cousin onto the list and she told him what happened. he was devastated but I talked with him about it and after a day or so I think he has totally let it out of his mind. He had convinced himself that she had invited everyone but him, which I find hard to believe. She is a girl after all and most of the boys probably are not going. Who knows though. Either way he will be fine. I cannot save him from others and he has to learn how to manage those moments himself. Nonetheless I am sure he was really hurt and that made me sad for him. He seems good now though thank goodness. He had a great Monday & Tuesday at Karate. We had been worried about some kicks that were causing him problems thanks to his coordination not being the best. He did finally get them though after some practice with us and some one on one with Master Hartsell. Today was OT and he had a bad day there. Was in one of his I need to control everything moments. He has been better some but still has moments of needing to tell his peers they should play his game, his way, and they cannot change anything. Not a good thing but we are working on it. His speech therapist at school has made progress here with him so I am so grateful of that. We still have a ways to go though. He is at least trying some new foods and doing some other things to familiarize himself with textures and smells of foods. He got a new game today because his report card was very good. We have to still work on the writing but most everything else is coming along nicely it seems. I try to minimize the stress on myself for him to do well. If he gets it and it happens so be it. I do help him with homework and stuff but I try not to let it make either of us crazy. What's the point? None in my mind. All the testing and stuff schools do...I am just not sure I get any of that. But I guess it is part of the fun and the plan....Go figure. Today I wore myself out and I am going right now to bed. My eyelids are in need of inspection for cracks! Yesterday it was roller blading and basketball...today a pile of mulch kicked my behind...tomorrow we are in for rain. Maybe I should thank the Lord for that huh? Otherwise my old worn out ass would probably be in the hospital in dire need of oxygen and a defibrillator! CLEAR! Rampart we have a victim here....approximately 46 years of age...out of shape and gasping for air....muscle aches....head pain....seriously....she is also 2 bricks shy of a load but I digress! Goodnight all...we love you tons and wish you a peaceful rainy Thursday!

No comments: