Thursday, March 12, 2009

Suffering today from CRS...or alien abduction?

Today I appear to be suffering from CRS. Or could it be? Alien abduction?Seeing as how I just went into work, did what I had to do, and then headed off to get a bite to eat before sitting in car line for 45 minutes like I had no where else to be. Well...here's the thing. I should have picked Greyson up at 2:30 so that we could be at Mike's for his therapy at 3. Instead I suffered a bout of CRS and just hung out until 3 waiting to pick him up. I then drove nonchalantly home like I hadn't a care in the world, only to break into a full panic at 3:30pm realizing I had missed our appointment. I called Mike...emailed him...and all of the above to apologize. I wish I could say I had a great excuse like, "I've been abducted by aliens and the whole anal probe thing was a real downer so I can't bring Greyson today." or maybe...."I just witnessed a bad accident and had to stay there to do CPR saving the loves of several people" or maybe..."I just won the lottery and I just don't give a shit about anything right now...including therapy"...hahahaaaaaa I just love the last one...it makes me laugh. Anyway...I digress. Unfortunately for me I have no excuses except that Greyson's mom had a full on brain cramp today and completely forgot about Mr Mike and our appointment. so here I am, feeling really bad since I am the one who requested and extra appointment this week. Oh well...what do I do....I tell you what...I pay him just like I was there. Bummer dude. :( On a brighter note...Greyson is having a grand day as far as I can tell. I let him play hooky from Karate tonight because he is all about playing his new wii game. He is in his obsessed mode so I dare not break the masters concentration. He seems to have had a good day from what little he discloses. By the way...his constant lack if disclosure, which has always been a problem, drives me batty. I have tried waiting the proverbial 30 minutes to let him decompress etc....he still hangs onto the goings on of his day like it is Top Secret....You know..."If he told me he would have to kill me". How am I supposed to gauge what is going on in his world? or his little Asperger mind? :) Seriously....what's a mom to do? I don;t know about you guys but heather and I have decided that wine works for any situation...Good, Bad...or whatever! Heather is one of the moms at OT that I talk with on a regular basis. The moms there are good for keeping each other grounded, validated, and sane at times when it seems impossible. So...bring on the wine! Cheers my friends....and watch out for those damn aliens!

No comments: