Thursday, March 5, 2009

I did not fall off the earth...I'm still here with Greyson having a blast.

Well...we got through our wonderful snow storm and blizzard of 09 and it is now almost the weekend. I have been MIA lately but I am back now. Greyson has had a pretty good week at school even after his extended weekend due to the snow. Wednesday they went to Imaginon which he loves and saw Djembe Fire. He loved it and was telling me all about how he got to dance there. After I picked him up we headed to OT and right behind us on I-77 I watched a tractor trailer jack knife into the median. Very scary stuff but we were far enough ahead to not be involved. Well...that is until the ride home form Mooresville. We decided to take 115 the alternate route due to the interstate still being a parking lot. well....every road in a 45 mile radius was a parking lot I believe due to that accident hours earlier. We spent an hour and 45 minutes trying to make it home while I witnessed people backed up from Davidson, all the way to Eastfield Dr, bumper to bumper on 115 headed North bound trying to find a way home. Horns blowing....people going crazy ...turning around....driving crazy...it was ugly. Greyson was almost to meltdown point but we made it home before he reached his limit...Thank goodness. I wasn't far behind myself since normally we are home by 6pm...yesterday if was 7:45 pm before we hit the door. Gotta love it. I just pray no one was hurt badly. So...that being said...Greyson had a very late dinner which promoted nightmares that even Bee movie or Madagascar 2 couldn't take away. Can anyone throw any more fun into our night...seriously. Today he headed off to school with me behind praying that he would be alert and attentive enough as not to make Suzy too crazy. I picked him up early to go see Mr Mike his therapist but pretty much ended up using the whole appointment on myself to ask for advice on some issues we have been having. Greyson has been sassy lately, more so than normal, and hasn't been listening very well either. Especially to Michele. She and I talked and she is very frustrated that he will not listen to her. So I talked to Mike about things that I felt like I do that exacerbate that problem as well as some things she does too. I wanted to see what he thought about what we were doing and how we may be able to meet at a common goal to ensure that he is listening to both of us and having respect for both of us as his parents. I want us to be able to be on the same page with things. I tend to be more of a pushover and a worrier when it comes to him and his condition. I am constantly trying to figure out the best way to handle certain things that crop up so that he truly understands and learns what he needs to learn to grow and prosper. And as I have said before I find it a fine line to walk with him. I am very protective almost to a fault as far as Michele is concerned. She tends to see things a little differently than me at times and it can cause us to not be as united as maybe we should when dealing with him. That is why I spoke with Mr Mike. She did not want to do that as she would rather be pecked to death by ducks. That makes it hard so I try to throw my faults out there on the table so as not to come off as the golden girl. Those of you who know me know that golden I am not. hahahaaaaa I can say I have read, researched, and talked to many a professional regarding Greyson though. I really try to do those things that are suggested to us so that it will benefit him the most. I share it all with Michele if she isn't there so we can try to stay on a united front in our plan for Greyson. Do I fall short of what I should do sometimes...yes I do. But will I continue to parent him as best I can with guidance from all of these people? Yes...yes I will and I know Michele will too. It's hard....I would love the manual...but so would any parent and obviously no one has had the fortitude to write it yet. hahahaaa Maybe I will give it a whirl. NOT! Tonight Greyson had Karate and he was devastated that he couldn't do the jump kicks he needed to do to get another stripe on his belt. His coordination is soooooo bad. We left to go eat and he was still upset. Michele and I talked about it and I ended up going back over to the Karate school to talk with his teacher about Greyson. He promised me he would work with him one on one next week concerning the kicks. I am also moving him to a smaller class so he can get more attention when he needs it. I am such a worrier and this has been so helpful to his self esteem, confidence and coordination that I do not want anything to cause him to become discouraged to the point he wants to quit...especially not after his progress. Yes....I am the crazy mom who wants to protect him form the world. Good luck to me. We all know that isn't possible but it sounds good. Seriously though, I just want to push him to the edge just not off of the edge. And again...there's that damn fine line! Go figure. There has to be a lesson here for me...I hope and pray I am getting it...If not maybe Michele is getting it...then she can clue me in. :0 Well....Uncle Rich is in town so Greyson is sooo excited. He so loves hanging out with him. He really could use some more man time and we do not have too many male friends. Not that we don't want any...we just do not know alot of fellas really. So...hopefully we can get him some more fellas to be good role models. If you know of any good ones looking to mentor an 8 year old...let us know. :)

No comments: