Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Feeling Sunny on the Inside...

Today is Wednesday...middle of the week...OT day. Greyson has had a great time so far this week and has kept me laughing as usual. I can't even remember all of his funny things...he is just Greyson and that's great by us. Extremely animated, dramatic, and wild he is...a boy destined for Hollywood or maybe New York City. It's quite entertaining at our house. Most people don't get it and we he and I are around they stare at me expecting me to flip out maybe? Don't get me wrong...he isn't bad, he just does some unusual things that most people would probably be mortified about. I just laugh. In our world you pick your battles. We went to watch Queens Univ. play lacrosse on Saturday and he walked in circles the whole time around the bleachers. I figured he could have cared less about it and as long as he wasn't bothering anyone I let him go. Why make him sit if he isn't interested? he walked past Diane and I each time and threw a hand full of grass above his head and yelled, "Confetti"...then he walked another lap...picking grass and went he got in front of us repeated it. He did this time and time again...Too funny! Nothing in our world is "normal" per say...but just what the hell is normal? Right? So...I roll with it and laugh....and I laugh harder at the peoples faces who just aren't getting it. They are really missing out. All children are gifts...and the ones that pose more of a challenge are even bigger gifts. After all, you have been entrusted as the one to care for and raise them. Someone out there thought we were special if they gave us such a special boy huh? :) so....here we are...enjoying the ride. today was our OT day and Greyson had a great day there. He did work on the trampoline, as well as working on his eating/trying new foods, etc. Karissa said he did much better this week. Last week was a downer for him. for some reason he was having a bad day and not doing well. he wanted all things to go his way. He has been dong better with this but still has moments of backtracking on this one. Especially if he has a bad day or is too tired. Well...he is really into Kung Fu Panda right now as well as the Madagascar 2 movie. I seen more than my share of it I tell you. He has many of the scenes memorized and trips us out regularly with his antics. Poor Suzy. He could answer a question or respond at any time with something he has memorized form TV or movies and unless she is familiar it will be one of those head cocked to the side moments. Just like the poor little boy a the park the other day when Greyson said,...."Meeeeeeeeee Greeeeysooooon. Doooooooo yoooooooou waaaant to plaaaaaaaaaaay with meeeeeeeeeeeeeee?" He was imitating his favorite character in Madagascar 2. This kid is definitely one of a kind...and walks to a beat of a drum far far away! Madagascar maybe? hahahahaaaaa I will laugh about that for sometime to come. Goodnight all...we love your visits and if you are reading this I am sure you are part of our extended family here. Therefore....hugs & love to you and yours! Sleep tight...

No comments: