Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weekend Catch up...

Where do I start...ok...Friday is good. Greyson had early dismissal on Friday so I picked him up at 1pm. I had promised him a trip to the "Giraffe Store"...Toy R Us...to get a Batman LEGO so that is what we did. But before we went we had to go to Anna's Alterations to get his size 14 suit for the wedding altered. He was very worried that the little oriental woman was going to sew him when he tried it on. I had to explain she wouldn't sew it until she knew what to do and that he was trying it on so she could see how much sewing she needed to do to make it fit him. He was worried until we left because he still wasn't sure he wasn't going to get sewn. :) Once we left he knew he was safe. After that we headed to the Giraffe Store to get Logan a birthday gift and Greyson a LEGO. Greyson was invited to a birthday party/bonfire at Logan's mawmaw's house. He was worried about that too so I had to call Logan's mom to confirm that I could come with him. He did not want to be left at a bonfire in the woods he told me. I assured him I would not leave him at a fire out in the woods by himself so...that said...we were ready for the party.
Let me back track a moment to explain something about Greyson. You see, ever since he was a toddler he has been very visual. All of the stores we frequented had big Logos that he used to identify them. Target is "the Circle Store"...and Toys R Us is "the Giraffe Store"...I cannot remember if he has any others...those 2 were the ones that stood out most and he calls them that to this day. Now..back to the party.
Greyson and I headed to Logan's Ninja party with his Renaissance Festival sword by his side. We got there and had a great time. Although, it's those moments around alot of people that we do not know well that I feel like a crazy neurotic mother. You see...I try to let him go to some extent, but I know what his limitations are so I do have to rein him in at times so he doesn't get too out of whack. And...there is a safety factor for him that is more like that of a toddler at times. So... yes...I sit and worry that the parents who do not fully understand his challenges, which is most all of them, think that I am a crazed over protective mother. Crazed & over protective at times yes, but not to the extent they probably think. Oh well....I need to get over it. It does make for awkward moments though as far as I am concerned. I still have moments where I am overwhelmed and feel I do not always handle things with him as I should. I get hard on myself at times and worry I am not being the best mom I can be to him since I have to alter how I deal with most every situation. The way that he needs to be handled isn't how you instinctively handle things normally. That makes it hard at times to stop and remember, what would be most effective for Greyson in helping him understnad what he needs to do here. I am determined though...and trainable, so hopefully I will get it eventually. Once he is grown I will have perfected this huh? haha.. All that said...he did pretty well at the party. The fire started to be a concern to me because he was totally intrigued by it and claimed he wanted to roast marshmallows and eat s'mores. Well we had already been through this on our camping trip and he would have no part of the marshmallows or the s'mores. This made me believe he would just waste any and all of what he "roasted" so I said we needed to go. He was not having that so I decided to gamble and let him have some. He did try it which in itself is a shocker. One of the guys there made him a s'more for the road and I will have you know he ate the whole thing on the way home exclaiming that it was delicious and he wanted to eat them more often. He always has some tricks up his sleeve to totally shock and surprise me! We got home about 9pm and hung out with momom for a while then headed to bed. To say the least we were both exhausted.
Saturday we got up and got ready for our day. Michele & Greyson cleaned the house while I went to the grocery store. Once I got home we got ready and went to see the pottery show. Ms Libby & Missy, her daughter, were showing off their wares so we wanted to go show them some love. We could not stay long because Greyson was very restless there. He finally settled down a little when we took him over to watch a man throwing pots on a wheel. He was totally entranced by it and stood there until the gentleman was done with the pot. It was almost like he had been hypnotized by the wheel turning. I definitely need a wheel at home. Hint Hint momom! We got Ms. Cathy a cool bird house that Missy made while we were there. We left and went to Lupie's for lunch where Greyson decided that black seeds on a hamburger bun were not good and he could not eat his hamburger. Oh well...we tried to get them all off but his taste buds are NEVER fooled by our tactics! haha We came home and relaxed until it was time for Ms Cathy's birthday party. Greyson loves Ms. Cathy so we were excited. We had a great time at the birthday cookout and we got to see all the new babies born into our extended family. Cooper, Audrey & Leslie's little boy and Blake Shaun and Stephanie's little guy. They are soooo cute. when it was time to leave Greyson started to cry and say how much he loved and missed Ms Cathy. It was sooo sweet and kind of sad. We think he was a little jealous of all those babies. Ms Cathy loves all of them so much but I think he wants her all to himself. We talked to him all the way home and said we could make more time to go see Ms. Cathy so he could see her more often. He cried more and said, "but I don't want you to leave me there to stay all night, just visit." You see, he has stayed with her overnight before so Michele and I could have date nights at times. He never likes to be away form us but he endures it when he has to. Therefore he was trying to make a plea to see her...just not stay the night. :) He has to have his mommies still at night if he can. Poor guy, I think he cried softly all the way to our house talking about Ms Cathy and how much he loved and missed her. We got home an went to bed pretty quickly. he always gets very emotional when he is very tired so I think that his exhaustion was not helping the situation. Well...here it is Sunday. I'll be back tonight to share our day with you. Hope you all have a wonderful day and as always, Thank you for sharing in our world.


No comments: