Thursday, October 16, 2008

A special surprise for Greyson

Greyson had special visitor at his swimming lesson on Wednesday night. Ms Cathy came to see all of his new swimming skills and he was sooooooo surprised. Ms Cathy is like Greyson's adopted grandma and he is very close to her. He has really missed her and if you have read the blog, was crying last Saturday night because we had been to her house and he realized then how much he missed and loved her. He cried quietly all the way home so when Ms Cathy found out she decided to come surprise him at swimming. He was sooo proud and showed off for her most of the night. It was really cute and he had a huge smile on his face all night after swimming lessons were over. Thank you Ms Cathy for being so sweet. You made his whole night by showing up for that. He loves you to the whole wide world too! :)
Now for our Thursday...Greyson went to school while mommy hooked up with Ms Cathy again to go vote early. She and I and cute little Blake, her new grand baby, walked down to the polls and voted today. Go Obama! We threw in our votes for Obama and it was surprising how many people were out for the early voting. Lots of Obama folks too! We loved it....Hopefully this country is ready for some serious changes..I know I am. I picked Greyson up and we headed to see Mr Mike. We had a great visit and afterwards came home, changed into his Karate attire and headed back out to MATI. He did great there too. Ms Cathy will be heading to Karate next to watch him spare and do some cool Karate moves. I haven't told him because he does much better if things are sprung on him. That way...it doesn't get carved in stone into his brain. Once it is there there is no do overs...you have to do what you said or he will flip out. He cannot switch up like that. His brain is not wired for changes. Unfortunately we will have to teach him how to cope since everything is in a constant state of change to some degree. Sounds like fun huh? We are always open for suggestions...haha I am now at home typing while my wonderful partner has wrestling play time with our son. She is the one who ruff houses with big man...that's not my forte'. Not to mention, he weighs 86 lbs....last time he tried to get ruff with me I ended up on the floor. It wasn't pretty. One day he came up to hug me while I was on my knees. He jumped up and wrapped his legs around my waste...well....we ended up on the floor face to face because i so tipped over forward from his weight and he and I were just looking at teach other. I had to tell him, "you are not a baby or a little guy anymore." You can't just jump up like that sweetie. He was so upset. It's a wonder I haven't really hurt something...but that will be on my old worn out Fossil lesbian blog! haha

No comments: