Monday, October 13, 2008

Swimming Started Back...Peace at Last

Peace at Last is the theme for Greyson when swimming...but let me back track some.
Well to start with, yesterday we spent the day hanging out here, doing yard work and catching up on the piles of laundry. Yes literally there were piles. I need to teach Greyson how to run the washing machine! :) anyway...we did have some great friends trying to prod us to come over for the Panther game...but Greyson was all to happy here a the house and since we had stuff to catch up on we decided to opt for staying home. Sometimes, when Greyson is calm and things are peaceful...it's best not to rock the boat! Can I get an amen? anyway...he kept us laughing as usual and we played some baseball in the yard. He is quite the hitter and it makes him extremely proud to knock the cover off of the ball like he does sometimes. After he would hit it I would make him run around some fake bases while I chased him screaming..."You better run the fastest you can before I tag you boy!" He screamed and laughed and ran really hard. sometimes he exclaims, "we gotta have a water break. My hearts beeping really fast!" Yes that is a quote...he says beeping and I love that. It makes me laugh. I know you guys are laughing too because my heart was beeping out of its chest while we played these reindeer games! I needed some oxygen but that's another story entirely! You gotta love an old, tired, out of shape lezbo trying to play with her 7 year old and keep up. It's NOT pretty I tell you. ...and when both of us join in it's really ugly! Anyway...I need to focus. Greyson watched some TV with us and then we crashed and burned in bed. On aside note - Lately he has been doing alot of the walking in circles too I noticed. Not sure what that's all about. He has been extremely scared too since there are tons of commercials involving Halloween stuff. He is having those near panic attacks if either one of us gets more than 2 foot away from him. Last night he had cocooned himself into a big ball and then he wakes up crying saying I'm Hot....but then when you try to uncover him he freaks out. Try that on for a challenge. Once he cools off some he is fine but it gets hairy at times. today we woke up and he tells Michele he needs some juice. He sings to her when she brought it to him...."yoda lay eeee whooooooo, yoda lay eeeee whooooooo, I want to thank youooooooooooooooooooo!" Lord he is a trip. We howled at that. There is no telling the antics poor Ms Suzy endures daily basis. I am scared to ask. We got ready and headed to school. He was really happy to see Ms Suzy since she had not been there on Friday. She has a way with all of those kids and they love her soo much. She is awesome with them. he told me today when I picked him up that he had the best school day ever today. he said he had done all of the right things and that he had been quiet, and listened, and on and on...He was funny. He loves that school so much and it just seems to get better with each passing day. Thank goodness...what a change we are seeing in him. I still have moments where I question each thing I do and wonder if I have handled or if I am handling things as I should to help him learn and understand the strange ways of us humans. haha...It's hard enough being a parent because we all do that...question our abilities....but when you have some added or extra challenges it makes you question yourself even more. It can be so frustrating but it is definitely a learning experience. More learning for us than him. We are students of a boy named Greyson. He is teaching us better patience, understanding, humor, and how to view the world in ways we never thought we would. Imagine that! and I thought we would be teaching him a thing or two....whatever! We better focus and listen because it doesn't take much to miss the whole lesson. I know I can be pretty thick at times....I hope it is sinking in for me! well...Greyson did great at swimming tonight. I love nothing more than watching him float on his back endlessly or at least until the teacher says...on to the next thing. He looks so peaceful and calm when he is doing that. Just floating with his arms and legs outstretched like a big star fish. Just laying back floating all over the pool where ever it takes him. It is so sweet to see. Mostly because otherwise he seems so overstimulated by the world and all that goes on in it. The noise, the people, the hustle and bustle, just everything. When you stop to observe...it's alot to take in if you brain doesn't allow for or process all of those stimuli at once. I seem to be more aware of it now and at times I think I want to scream so I know how he must feel. I totally feel his pain some days and it makes me sad and anxious. So...that being said....I LOVE him floating. It is like time stands still and I just have to giggle each time I see it. I cannot get enough of it. I want that peace for him each and every day and by gosh...we will figure it out in time. If water and throwing pots is what it takes then he will do more of that. He deserves it and Michele and I are the lucky ones who can and will make it happen. Good night all....we love you dearly and thank you for visiting. For now...we will be searching for some peace...just a little peace.

No comments: