Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My sensory overload...

I am back....did you miss me? haha...I know I know...it has not been that long. Greyson loves to be covered or in a cocoon even if he is sweating profusely. Go figure? Definitely some sensory thing going on there.
Yesterday, Tuesday, was a fun filled day with Karate on the list of things to do. He did great at Karate and even fell but still continued his routine. At the end he spared with his classmate and did great. He does a great job of blocking especially so if we can add in the offensive side of it he'll be doing good. We got home and did some more sword fighting and then headed off to get some dinner. Michele got home late so he and I ate, hung out, and then got washed and ready for bed. He played and watched some TV but right now that is touch and go. Especially since Halloween is approaching fast. There are alot of commercials/shows that scare the living tar out of him and he hangs on to his fears for days. If they come on he runs and finds me and hangs on my every move until it is over. When he gets like that I swear if I stopped too fast he would be right back where he came from! It is insane but he really has that fear and nothing makes it better. Therefore Michele and I try to keep an eye on what he watches as best we can. I know...it's a joke for us to try that with him but we do try to keep the scary stuff away. Unfortunately the cartton/Nick channels play all sorts of stuff like that right now. It gets interesting in October every year and Michele hates it because she LOVES Halloween and candy. She loves sports and Halloween neither of which he cares much for and it breaks her heart I know. Oh well...he is Greyson and we love him dearly. One funny thing Greyson said to Michele...They were sword fighting and he starting singing Peter Pan...yelling at her..."ya ho ya ho"....yes I know...it should be yo ho ho and a bottle of rum or some other words that I know not but I couldn't help but laugh. Actually we both got a good laugh from it as he sang away...

We got through yesterday and now it is Wednesday, our day for OT. Greyson did great working his way through obstacle courses, swinging and throwing a ball at targets, cutting out a pumpkin and pasting it onto some paper, and finally working more on his shoe tying. Karissa said they use 2 different color shoe laces so the kids can get the tying down pat and see which lace goes where when you are looping and stuff. We will get some and try that here at home. He had a great OT session while I read my book. After that we headed home to meet momom. All the way from Mooresville to Charlotte I got to hear all for his repertoire of sound effects as he played batman/speed racer in the car. Ok let me just tell you first....I love him and all of his little eccentricities, but today I thought I would lose my mind. I finally turned on the Davidson classical channel to calm me. It doesn't make me feel good about myself when I feel like putting duck tape over his mouth so I don't have to hear all of the sound effects that can actually be generated by him . Seriously....he may turn out to give that Police Academy guy a run for his money. Do you know who I am referring to? Ahhhhh....In all honesty you all know I would never really duck tape his mouth but it can be a temptation at times like today....I was having an Aspergers moment and was on full sensory overload! My head is hurting from the stimulus of it all. It's days like this that I need a driver...so I can take a nap on the way back home. :) But... I am the driver so that didn't happen. we got here fine and he even read his whole story once we got here. Tomorrow we will tell it in picture form so that his reading assignment for this week will be complete for Friday. Yeah....we did all that and had 0 melt downs. He even read happily for the first time in a long time....Thank you Ms Suzy and Community Charter! thank you Greyson for a great day...even if my senses are working double time ...Is it bad to have a constant load buzz and heart beat sound in your ear? OK...just kidding! Good night all....come again tomorrow for more tales of the "G Man".

No comments: