Sunday, June 21, 2009

Late trip to Carowinds...Too hot I tell you!

Today was a great day and we hung out here at the house for a while, went shopping to run some errands and took Greyson to Nascare Speedpark. Afterward we came home as everyone was tired and Michele laid down for a short nap. Greyson played while I surfed the net. We decided we would do a fun thing when momom (Michele) woke up. They were convinced we should head out to Carowinds but I was not so sure. Thanks to the heat, and possible crowds, I was not convinced this was a good idea. However I headed off with them regardless of my apprehension. We didn't arrive until about 5:15 and had to wait in line for tickets. It was weird because all of the ticket lines were shut dwon but one and no one working there seemed to know why or have any orginization about how they funneled us in. Frustration arose but I let it go fast thank goodness. it served no purpose other than to make a bad situation worse. So....it was what it was. We got inside and they were off...he rode several roller coasters...his favorite thing, except for the tunnels, and we got some frozen lemonade and then some water later. By the time they had ridden most of the coasters they wanted to ride it was almost 8pm. We decided we should go since we had not had dinner. We let Greyson get a mix it up icee and then he wanted to ride the swings one time before we left. He did it all by himself...HUGE for him...and then we headed out to the car. Once we left we headed over to El Cancun because momom was having a hankering for Mexican. Greyson had made some comments about wanting to go straight home because he felt sick. He claimed the icee made him feel sick. I figured he was just hungry and tired and somewhat dehydrated. Well...I need to listen! How often have I told you guys I need to listen! we went into El Cancun and he immediately starts saying, "I want to go home. This place stinks and is filthy." (It wasn't filthy but the building is very old) hahahahaaaaa He said, "I am gonna puke!" Seriously mommy...I am feeling like I am gonna puke!" Michele left to get him some KFC while I ordered us 2 margaritas on the rocks. We needed them for sure! Well...once she got back he was freakin' out about the chicken and how it smelled, the El Cancun and its "stench" as he called it and puking. I told Shel to order our food to go and I took him to the car. I left her to finish off the margaritas as I KNEW she really needed both drinks at that point! Greyson and I spent out time waiting getting in and out of the car, him spitting int he grass, claiming he was gonna puke, etc... Finally momom showed up and we started to drive off only to stop immediately again because he thought he was gonna puke. Once he got back in the car without puking we decided then to take the baby wipes out of their container to free it up for possible incidents on the way home. Off we headed home...he feel asleep, thank goodness, and we were almost there when he popped the top on the wipes container. Oh Noooooooooo! He starts puking....I pull over, approx. 3 miles from home, and once he was done we proceeded with caution. We made it home, showered and started to eat dinner. He said he felt better and was ready to eat so....we cautiously gave him his dinner. Only to see it again 5 minutes later. Yes...I did have to shower again after my cleaning of the bathroom. Needless to say we headed off to be shortly after all this. Yesterday was quite eventful. Here's hoping today is much calmer. Hugs to all.

No comments: