Monday, June 15, 2009

Brushing teeth...the kittens teeth!


Well we have been pluggin along day to day here at the beginning of summer. Playing in the sun, playing in the water, visiting friends and having a great time. We have shopped, hung out at home, relaxed and just been around...chillin' per say... last night Greyson finally cracked me up for the first time in a very long time. I walked into the bathroom to check on him and he was sitting int he floor with the kitten and an old tooth brush of his, blue crayola tooth brush to be exact, and he was actually brushing the kittens teeth! The kitten, Alex, was not sure what to think. he was biting the brush and yet letting Greyson brush his teeth all at the same time. I just turned and walked back out laughing. I had just recently laughed and told my friends a story about my buddy Wayne and his brother doing a similar thing, but on a much larger scale. They waited until their mother left for the grocery store and brought their pony into the trailer where they lived to brush it's teeth. Not only that...they used an electric toothbrush which resulted in a terrified pony tearing that trailer apart trying to get back outside. Our kitten incident was no where near as crazy as that but really funny none the less. Alex probably has the cleanest kitten teeth around. Funny guy...

Today Greyson and I headed to the DMV to take care of our lost/stolen? tag from Michele's hoopty truck. You remember the one...the one that the tail gate fell off in the middle of I-77 and slid across 3 lanes of traffic luckily not hitting anything or anyone. Yeah...that one. I say we are going to report the tag being stolen. Greyson corrects me and says, "Mom, you should call it the license plate...we are going to replace the license plate." Ok...I say...OK. You see he has to have things stated just so so...it's all black and white in his world, no short cuts, he is VERY literal and things mean exactly what you say to him...EXACTLY. I am sooo struggling in speaking almost all of the time. I need to loss the sarcasm and the little things you blurt out without thinking like..."In a minute." That to him means in exactly 60 seconds we will be doing/arriving and/or taking some action. He is my lesson in conversation and I feel I am not getting it as quickly as I should. Thinking before speaking to him is not an option...it is a necessity. I struggle alot...but oh I need this lesson so badly. He was a a friends house whose daughter we think may have Aspergers. She said she was howling listening to a conversation her daughter was having with Greyson. Her daughter spoke for about 10 minutes on something that was important to her and interested her while Greyson sat there and nodded. Then he started in with a conversation to her daughter having nothing to do with what she had spoken of and she sat and nodded for him. Too funny...her mom said they went back and forth like this for a while sounding like two little old people being cordial. I would have loved to had that on tape. Greyson is definitely doing well and I will try my best to keep him very busy this summer playing with buddies form his school. We plan to go to Lazy 5, the zoo, the parks, spray grounds, and lord knows where for lots of fun. Maybe the Raptor Center or Nature Museum. There is plenty to do that's free and/or cheap so we should take advantage of them all. Until next time folks...enjoy the sun and fun with the ones you love! :)

No comments: