Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's Sunday June 7th...Sunny Day!

We headed off to Denver NC yesterday to celebrate our friend Sue's birthday. they have a pool so Greyson got to go swimming. He had so much fun even thought the day started a little overcast. The sun did come out and burned us all really good. I have3 got to do a better job with the sunscreen. I have been slack here lately with it and we have been getting a little red in color. hahahaaaa. (Much to Greyson's dismay.) Today we are looking for some fun and I have yet to figure out just what we will do. He is always happy to stay inside but I am lobbying for an outdoor adventure. Good luck to me. Momom is working as usual and we are here hanging out together trying to come up with a plan. I may just say get in the car and see where we end up. Hopefully somewhere free or cheap. Greyson is doing well. Our friend Diane yesterday noticed a huge difference in him. She had not seen him in months and was surprised at the difference in him. We have all seen it but I know it is drastic when someone who hasn't seen him in a long time notices the change in him. It's harder to notice when we are with him 24/7 but it's there and it has been a wonderful blessing. Seeing him transform into a more confident boy who listens better. (there are times when I full on eat those words but he is much better) hahahhaaa He is a great guy and we love him dearly. I still tend to want everyone to understand him because I don't want them passing judgement on him but I do know I need to stop that. I get sort of over protective about his Asperger's and want everyone who encounters him to understand why he sometimes acts the way he does. Not everyone can understand and not everyone cares or wants to understand. I do know that...but I still throw it out there sometimes. I need to stop. I am sure it is done for him and for us trying to make sure people know...he's not a bad kid nor are we bad parents. Michele doesn't like me doing it and doesn't think I need to explain to anyone our business. I get that to some degree although at times I think it is very necessary. That is one I will have to do some soul searching about. Anyway...i can't wait to have some great adventures with our school friends this summer. We are planning to get with several of them to go fun places and have a grand time. It should be fun and there should be many a story to tell. Good day everyone. Until next time...Hugs.

No comments: