Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Fun Birthday for Mom and a Great Day for Greyson...

Old pic and some wishful thinking! :) Oh how I long for the peace and serenity of the beach...well...maybe not the entire time...huh Susan?
Today is my 47th birthday and I have had a great time so far with Greyson. My mom came up and took me to lunch and then we headed out to the spray ground to play with Ginger and her kids + Ian. :) We just got home and mom headed back to Monroe. I am tired too. Michele's brother and nephew are in town working with her so not sure what tonight will bring. I could use a drink with friends but maybe soon. We shall see. Saturday we are supposed to go to a friends house to celebrate many June birthdays, mine being one of them so that should be fun. Tonight though I could use a drink for sure. Greyson has been doing well. I don't notice his struggles as much as I do when others that aren't as used to him are around. When mom was here today I seemed to notice some things more since she isn't as used to him as we are dealing with it daily. Funny how that works. He had a great day and gave me some wonderful things. I have two new rocking chairs that he hand picked from Lowe's with Michele. She said he sat in them all to find just the right ones for me. He explained some of them were just two "shakedy"...and he needed them to be smooth for me. hahahahahahaaa We now have a wii fit too. I am excited and offended all at the same time. They must think I need to whoop myself into shape or something. It's all good. Mainly because I do need to. Anyway...lately I have been more focused on how much I need to watch each thing I say to Greyson. He is so so literal and I have known this for a long time. Unfortunately I still tend to open my mouth and insert my foot so far in it's pathetic. I have tons of moments and I do mean tons...where I say something only to be immediately thinking..."come back....get back in my mouth!" Reason being, he will be calling me on it. My lesson here is clear people...I need to listen and think before talking. and yes....it is extremely hard for me as most of you already know. Whew...I am going to start writing all these down when I do it...It alone will lead to a book one day. One that will make you pee your pants. You too Susan...the creatures in the sea water incident is right up there with this sister! I am not alone! Thank God! hahahahahaaaaa my concern is...Will I EVER learn? I want to so I must dedicate myself to creating that possibility for me and for Greyson. It would be such a win for us both. Choose your words carefully. "I am my word" so I must be careful what words I choose. Right? We are what we think. All that we are arise with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make our world.-Buddha

4 comments:

LifeIsArt said...

well said Buddha. and Lynn, i will totally buy your book one day.

LifeIsArt said...

and Happy Birthday too!

Anna's Mom said...

Happy birthday! I cannot beleive I missed it!!!!! I'm so sorry - too busy battling the darn shrimp in the salt water.... so the installment is that she was eating grapes - remembered that YESTERDAY, she was eating grapes at the beach, with salt water hands.... so MAYBE there could be shrimp on her GRAPES, and then, of course, she'd throw up. And I wonder why this logic is so difficult for B. to take sometimes! I am so glad to laugh every day. And lately, to cry as well.... Love you, Lynn. Happy Birthday.

Unknown said...

We had an awesome time too. Love love hanging out with you guys!!! And how about stalker Camille? So glad to be around people who get it. Yesterday it was hilarious listening to Camille and Greyson have a conversation. You would have died! They sounded like two little old people having a genial conversation:P

So funny last night Camille came in and we asked her something. She said "No." in the exact same way as Greyson. H and I were rolling.

Being with you guys has been really really good for us. And just knowing Michelle, Greyson and you is a total enrichment.

And don't we all need to learn that lesson about talking?

XO