Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dreamer of things...Intense old soul

Here lately Greyson has been doing great but I have noticed something. something he has done occasionally at times for a while and is doing again right now. he can be extremely private, even with us. He daydreams while in the car, staring off out of the window, while listening to some slow song. you see he loves the tunes from movies that he can dance to, but he also loves slow ballads and instrumentals. lately he has been listening to that Nick Lache song, What's Left of Me. WTH? Anyway...i made him a CD and he wanted that on there among a wild list of other songs, none of which really fit together. (Except one thing...he loves them all!) I think he is thinking about a girl when he listens to it because the other day he came home and drew alot of sweet pictures of a girl that said, "I love Greyson". i think this sweet boy has a crush...again...then again it may still be the first girl that he found to be sweet. i don;t know as he will not discuss it. He says it is extra top secret when I try to talk to him. It's really sweet but it also worries me. He seems sooooo thoughtful about the whole thing. Like he's an old soul or something. He is such a complex individual that I could never get across on here how complex this boy can be. Other times he is carefree and just having fun, others he is so deeply in thought that it worries me. It is intense and you have to witness it to understand. Well...even though I worry I can only ask and respect his not wanting to discuss it as he seems to be embarrassed by it. He's a sweet guy. i watched him play today on the playground, stalking and chasing the kids as he normally does when he doesn't know them yet. He doesn't know quite how to approach them always so he chases and stalks until they hopefully talk to him. If not I normally try to prompt him or intervene to help him learn names. He was chasing them roaring...the norm as well, and saying..."I am half T-Rex, half man....Rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!" they had not idea what to think of him but they loved playing with him anyway. He had a great time too. We played in the spray ground in Dilworth and on the playground for about 2 hours before heading to play therapy. we had a great day with lunch, playing, play therapy, and then a round of Karate. He should be ready to pass out soon. I know I am. I love him sooo, I love this summer spending time with him, and I love my life. It isn't always easy...but it is great and I couldn't ask for more right now. Now if I can always remember to stay present things will work out just fine... Good night friends and extended family...Thank you all for your support and love. Without you we would be lost! Hugs!

1 comment:

LifeIsArt said...

Sweet little Greyson. He's a thinker all right! And we love you too Lynn!!