Thursday, April 9, 2009

Survival of the dreaded Virus - Spring Break 09

Our Spring Break so far can be summed up by this movie for sure!
Well...I feel like it has been forever since I have updated this. Greyson started his Spring Break on Friday, April the 3rd. Uncle Rich had been here almost a week and his wife and kids were coming to join him in searching for houses and to just plain visit. Well...it turned out to be not so much fun for anyone as Greyson on Saturday had gotten sick. We thought on Sunday he was better so Shel and I took him to the park only to leave as soon as we arrived. He was still very sick and it reared it's ugly head once again. He was very sick all night Sunday and into Monday and by Monday afternoon the 2 teenage boys had gotten it. I cannot even begin to tell you all how horrible this was. Both exits of the body for anyone having it were effected and we have an 1100 sq ft home with only 2 restrooms. NOT PRETTY! It was already a little cramped as far as sleeping etc....much less adding sick folks with issues needing a bathroom every few minutes. Whew! Well...by Monday around 12am I had become the lucky winner of this funk. I was sick all night long with moments of elation from the Tar Heels winning the National Championship! Nothing like being on the toilet with a 5 gallon bucket in your hands and between retching thinking, "Way to go Heels!" I am not right but most of you who follow this already knew that painfully well. Well the next day I still felt like poo on a stick but I wasn't getting sick anymore....just queasy and plain yucky feeling. That's when poor Faith the youngest daughter joined in on the fun. She was sick all day Tuesday up until late into the day and finally by Wednesday was much better. But we aren't done yet....Tuesday after dinner Michele's brother Rich had gotten it. He pucked all night while I listened in. I didn't really want to hear it but our home is the size of a cracker box...and due to my feeling like shit all day Tuesday and lying in bed I could not sleep that evening. Isn't life fun sometimes and full of humor! Here it is every ones Spring Break in a tiny house in Charlotte...and for 5 days someone if not several at a time are sick. 5 Gallons buckets of barf all over the house....bathrooms occupied almost constantly....It WAS NOT PRETTY people. Really! But here we are and it is Thursday. Michele & Erin, (Rich's wife) somehow have thus far managed to escape the wrath of this wonderful and entertaining virus. Some of us just have all the luck I guess. I however and soooo ready to run away to the beach....sit by the shore and just take it in. Watch the waves crashing...listen to the beautiful sounds the come with the package, and just chill. However....this will have to be done in my head. Somehow though...it's not working for me. I definitely need the real thing. One of these days.

Greyson is doing well. He has had some moments wanting his world back if you will. Being sick and being around everyone sick was hard for him to grasp at times. He just wanted to play once he was well and he couldn't just have run of the house. Not easy to explain but we managed. Michele was great and stayed home form work to take him to a movie since I was down for the count along with most everyone else. They went to see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D. Greyson was apprehensive at first but then finally embraced the glasses and the whole package of the 3D movie. She said he yanked his glasses off a couple of times to ensure nothing was really there because he was freaked out but he did really well. He was excited to tell me all about it and in his usual fashion has already memorized alot of parts form the movie. Go figure! We also bought him the Bolt movie and he loved watching that. Thanks Susan! He is soo funny and I am glad to see him back to his normal self. he had been so pitiful for days that on Monday I had called the doctor to see if she would see him. He snapped back before we needed to go though. Thanks goodness. Well...glad I could check in and tell you about our ordeal. It wasn't pretty but hopefully it is over with. Have a great rest of the week everyone. I think for us it can only go up from here. Yay! Sunshine, parks and lots of fun in the last few days of break. Hugs to all...

No comments: