Monday, April 27, 2009

Another weekend down...but Oh what fun it was!

We had a great weekend. The cable and Internet have been out so we played alot outside. For those of you who don't know it that is a real feat in itself to get Greyson outdoors sometimes. He would rather be inside watching TV or playing games...video games that is. I struggle with that because I know how good he does when he does get out and enjoy the fresh air. He has been a wonderful guy lately and soo very sweet. He has still had some moments with challenges but overall he is doing great. He is already starting to say he wants to be in Suzy's class again next year so I am not sure how that will go over. I have to buckle down and figure out where and who will be best for him for 3rd grade since it will be more of a challenge for him. He is coming along well though and I am sure Suzy can help me with that. We have already discussed it. Another year gone almost and oh what a difference his new school and teacher have made. I hope she will never doubt what an awesome person and teacher she is. She deserves tons of kudos for the job she does and the love she shares with all of these "oh so special" children. Love you Suzy!
As far as the weekend goes...as I said before, we played outside alot! Mainly playing ball tag with his red ball. he cracks me up when we play hard because he runs around laughing and giggling...then he runs up saying, "I need some water! My heart is beeping soooooo fast!" It cracks me up every time! He has been doing great with the whole sportsmanship thing too. He doesn't melt down like he used to unless he is starting to get really tired. He even fell and skinned his knee last night. It took a moment but he recovered pretty well. I couldn't be prouder of him here lately. Lord knows I love the stew out of that boy and he is learning everyday to manage his challenges more and more. Don;t get me wrong...he will always have them, and he will at times have bad moments, but learning to manage them will help him to be the independent guy he needs to be to live in this ever changing world. You go G man....we love you to the whole wide world just like you are!

One more thing...he has decided to be in the talent show on Thursday night at this school. I hope he doesn't get scared or afraid because his little dance shows and lip singing and/or singing are a site to behold. (At least to us they are wonderful) I hope he shares proudly with the school family that night. It would be a real boost for him. He is such the drama guy/dancer/actor. Hugs and love everyone. Will be sharing again soon.

1 comment:

LifeIsArt said...

awww. that just about made me cry. i have thought a lot about where he should go next year. i'm not ready to send him on though. at all!!!! we can talk more about that soon!