Tuesday, April 21, 2009

So proud of Greyson lately...

I am not sure why but lately Greyson seems to have come out of his shell even more. Like the budding flowers of Spring, he has blossomed into quite a guy. Yes he still has his quirky ways about him and never ceases to entertain and amaze us. Yet lately he just seems to be so calm and happy and upbeat. I have been trying to monitor what he eats and drinks a little better as I plan to try to ease into the GF/CF Diet come summer. Not sure how well this will or will not work but I am willing to try to do it for his sake. We shall see. Maybe some of what I have been doing so far is working too. not so many trips to McDonald's for him. He loves the double cheeseburger and chicken nuggets but I still think it's pure junk for his body. Especially after my friend that teaches health bought a hamburger and fries and left them on her desk for 6 months...Yes...I said 6 months! Do you know there was not one speck of mold on that darn things! What does that tell ya' huh?! Can you say preservatives...tons of them! she did this to prove a nutritional point for health class yet it totally grossed me out and stopped me from taking wild man by there for happy meals! YUCK! I will be traumatized for life thank goodness. hahahahaaaaaa Anyway....I have made minor changes to his diet and I think even the minor changes have been positive in there effects. I do notice them and I wonder if anyone else does. So...our journey continues, loving Greyson and who he is, a wonderful and talented boy, every step of the way.

1 comment:

LifeIsArt said...

He's so precious. He's doing great at school too!

The hamburger thing grossed me out too. I read Skinny Bitch a year ago and it turned me into a vegetarian. All I had to do was read a few gross things like that and....no more meat for me.

Preservatives scare me. When my kids ask for poptarts and cheese puffs at the grocery store...I say no. They ask why, and I say, "Because they will be around forever...seeing as how they will survive a nuclear blast...i'm sure they'll still be here when you grow up and have your own money."

hahahahaa!