Monday, April 6, 2009

Back again...finally and it's Monday already!

Well...Greyson started Spring Break on Friday and may I say it has started with a bang! Michele's brother, wife, and three kids are here visiting/looking around at homes. They are thinking of moving here at some point and scouting the area. Her brother has been working some with her as well. The weekend seemed to be starting OK and then it hit. Greyson has somehow ended up with a pretty ugly stomach virus. The kind that attacks from both ends if you know what I mean. It started on Saturday afternoon and I am not sure it has let up yet. Last night was the worst because he was throwing up all night long and very little sleep was had by Michele or me. Poor guy...now he seems a little a better but I cannot let me guard down. Reason is....we thought he was doing much better yesterday so we went to the park. We were only there long enough to unpack and then pack back up. he had to go to the restroom and it was back home again. He is pitiful to say the least. Those who know him know he is very high energy and non=stop normally...entertaining, playing, singing...etc...the past few days he has been still, quiet and very lethargic. He does have bursts of energy normally followed by a battle with the virus again from one end or another. He has tried to be himself at times only to end up having "accidents" because he wanted so desperately to play or run or be normal for just a few moments. I have thrown away many a pair of underwear here in the past few days....it was ugly and I refused to try and revive them. He seems fine but then the moment he eats or drinks anything it's "on like a pot o' neck bones" as a friend of mine would say. He is currently eating for the first time since last night around 5ish....chicken nuggets was the request...I am leery and feeling a little uncomfortable about it...as any mother would be. He has been drinking ginger ale today successfully with no repercussions so keep your fingers crossed for me. PLEASE! I am ready now for the fun to stop and for ti to leave this house all together. I pray no one else gets to entertain this lovely virus. It could absolutely ruin his break altogether. So...that being said, I will pray for it to move on. Shel's brother and family are here until Thursday so we will hopefully be able to find something to do fun for them. Something fun and free might I add. With there being 7 of us Free is always a plus...especially right now in this lovely economy. So...off we go into Monday. Hoping for a better week then the weekend that we've had thus far. I just want my Greyson back and I see glimpses of him slowly but surely. We shall see. Love to all and happy sunshiny day, week, and break! Hugs....

No comments: