Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter has come and gone...Back to school today!

Yesterday was Easter Sunday and Greyson was very excited the the Easter bunny brought him some great goodies and some candy. We played outside and drew on the driveway with his new sidewalk chalk that is 3D! We played ball tag, dodge ball and we worked in the yard. He still has this young innocents about him that I have no idea when it will go away. Like believing with all his heart and soul in the Easter bunny, Santa, the Tooth Fairy, etc... Michele thought for a moment that maybe we should tell him and I said no. Let it happen in it's own time. I think when he ready he will question the whole "magic" of it all. Until then I say let him feel the magic of believing. She thought she would make it easy on him by saying to him, "You know, next year you might be too big for a visit from the Easter bunny." Well let me tell you...that flew over like a lead zeppelin. He burst into tears and ran and hid in his room. I told her to go talk to him. He was devastated. I said the Easter Bunny came to my house until I was old...high school & college! She smoothed it over but it wasn't pretty there for a moment. She was just trying to save me from yet another time of sticking my foot in my mouth since I spent the morning making dumb statements like...I thought you would like that Spongebob golf ball. It flew over his head but she was like...."What did you say?...Don't you mean the Easter Bunny?" Oops....I'm just graceful what can I say? Oh well....we had a great day working in the yard and playing and today Greyson seemed excited to head off back to school. We even fond a baby snake in our yard while working. He wasn't poisonous so we let him go in the woods out back after showing him to Greyson and his buddies. You're safe Ms Suzy! No snakes for class yet! :) Hope you all had a great Easter and Spring Break...ours was interesting as you know, but we have recovered and are moving forward now. We are waiting on our Caterpillar shipment so Greyson's class can raise some butterflies. They should be in sometime this week I hope. Then it's off to class they go to join the tadpole raising/transformation. Have a great week everyone. Hugs...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We don't really do Easter so my kids have ambiguious feelings about the Easter Bunny. But they do believe in Santa. Umberto came out and asked us last year. I told him the truth and for a few days he didn't believe. but then it was like he made a decision to believe...I thought it was pretty cool.