Monday, April 20, 2009

A new week has begun after a busy busy weekend!

Greyson has gone back to school this week and is doing great. He has been doing really well at home too. Much calmer for some reason here lately and very loving. He is always loving to us but much more so here lately. He has loved sharing his day and has been so excited about every little thing in his life. He is soooo funny to me. Today he says to me. mom, I want to have a computer job one day and type on my computer and drink coffee.... I said, "That's great, I think you would be very good at computers since you understand them well already." He just grinned really big! Then we came home, finished his homework with no squabbling, and then played 3 games of UNO together before he decided he needed to watch some TV. We went outside later because he decided he needed to get some exercise. We threw the ball at each other in ball tag and chased each other around our very small yard. After that we got some things out of the recycle bin and he got the scissors and tape and made a rocket out of a lemonade carton, a paper towel roll, and a piece of paper. He got upset and wanted to know why the cone part wasn't touching all the way around the carton so I quickly told him that air had to go through there to create the big fire that comes out of the rockets. As I held my breath he exclaimed, "Wow, you are sooooooo smart about this stuff mom!" hahahahaaaa...And you people thought I was lying when I said I was a rocket scientist! NASA has been calling but I am obviously to busy being Greyson's mom & lazy to be bothered with all that stuff! We have had some great fun here lately with Greyson. He even did well on Saturday night when a few people came over. Well...he did well until Camille took her dress off. That totally freaked him out...but she is only 5 or so...He just kept pacing saying, "She doesn't have any clothes on...hello....she is naked." I think he finally got past it...but it was really funny. He had a few moments here lately involving needing us to be close by due to a spider siting at the neighbors but he is slowly coming back into his normal self again. The anxiety/panic decreases after some days have gone by thank goodness. He even did well at UNO today when he lost to me. He won the first one but I beat the tar out of him the second time and he just laughed. Good job big man...he struggles at times with being a poor looser but he is doing much better. Part of our fun but it's OK. I still wouldn't change a darn thing about him! He is a dramatic, entertaining, intelligent boy who doesn't always quite no how to express himself or handle himself in social situations but he is ours and I love the stew out of him! Good night all...we shall check in again soon.

No comments: