Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It's almost Spring Break for G man...

OK...First of all...I wish I was going to be here for Spring Break...well Not so much....only in my dreams. You know the one...the hammock, an umbrella drink, waves crashing, breeze blowing gently...blah blah blah....I also wish this for several others that I know who share my love for the beach, ocean, coastal areas...that they were going to be here as well. If you love the beach, the waves, it's warmth and solitude...I am wishing for you. May your wish and mine come true soon! Ohhhmmmmmmmmm! :)
We are nearing the end of the week...or at least we are half way there. Today is April fools day and we were trying to teach Greyson what to expect of a day like this. He didn't quite get it though. he untied Michele's shoe...and then said "Momom! your shoe's untied!....APRIL FOOL!" I then explained that her shoe needed to stay tied for that to work. He just stared at me....hahahahaaaa. oh well...I am sure he had fun regardless of the understanding the whole thing. He has had a great week even though he has been going to bed much later than I would like. Our world is a little off because uncle Rich is here and he wants to play with Michele and or Uncle Rich 24/7. When they come home late that poses a problem and he doesn't understand that he can't stay up forever. We manage to get to bed at some point and then battle him the next am to get ready for school. He had a great day yesterday with plenty of exercise. I am beginning to think that him burning ALOT of energy is key to him being calm, listening better, and being more focused. He played from the time he got home until bedtime almost. Jumping on the trampoline...then swinging...then heading to Karate and being there for 45 minutes exercising non-stop...then back home to the trampoline & swing. He was exceptionally good last night listening the first time and doing what he needed to do. I hate our home isn't bigger because I got some awesome ideas for an indoor basement playroom while at OT today. I would turn it into a place he would never want to leave. Swings, climbing walls, zip lines, and an indoor slide. Bean bags everywhere...all sorts of stimulation for sensory, fun, and exercise. We could paint a wall with fun stuff too! It would be awesome....Greyson's indoor playground! The one in the magazine was unbelievable! I would love to do that for him...we could have playdates...sleepovers...all sorts of fun together. But for now...maybe we can do a few things in his room to make it special and encourage his spending more time in there. At night especially...hahahaa...I am getting beat and kicked to death! It will all happen in it's right time. for now...this week is wonderful and we have 2 days left until Spring break....a week of play dates in the park and lots of fun. Get ready friends...we'll be calling to play if it is nice out! Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments: